• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: The Composer Channel is on the air!

Share/Bookmark

Arrow The Composer Channel is on the air!

The official press release happens next Thursday at NAMM. However, I wanted to let all of you in early. After all, you're the ones we're doing this for!

As with any new web site, there's bound to be a bug or two. If you see something that needs fixing, please go to http://www.showprogramming.com/ContactMembers.asp and send me the info (if you contact me in any other way it might fall through the cracks). This would be for things like the web site crashing, typos, logins required where you shouldn't have to, etc. However, Internet radio requires people to have their individual computers set up properly, and I'm simply not in a position where I can offer tech support for that sort of thing. I've got to get back to projects that pay my bills. We've tested and verified that the station is working as it should in the various versions of Windows, Linux, Mac etc., so if you're having problems tuning in, check the FAQ, and if that doesn't solve the problem, you'll need to find a techie friend and buy him a beer. Or perhaps a Jolt cola...

I'm simply going to point you to www.ShowProgramming.com and let you find your own way. This isn't lack of hospitality, it's more like extended beta testing before NAMM. If things aren't obvious or there's glaring hassles in how you have to get around, please let me know and we'll get it cleaned up before the press sees it!

By the way, a note to the beta testers. First, I found and fixed the phasing problems! Used the wrong preset by mistake when saving the mp3 files and got "lowest quality" instead of "highest quality" codec. Doh! And secondly, thank you!!!

So, go take a listen and if smoke pours out the box, let me know. Otherwise, enjoy the shows! You guys have got some absolutely great stuff, and everyone who's heard the shows has loved your work!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: The Composer Channel is on the air!

Hip hip horay!

And my congratulations to you Chris on putting together this wonderful web station. I hope the return warrants the time you've put into it. You're a wonderful asset to this community.

I was just listening when the program timed out .I tried to listen again but media screen came up. From what I did hear it sounded darn good. Good luck with your program. Just checked again everything working good.

Thumbs up Re: The Composer Channel is on the air!

Listening.... so far so good.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Thumbs up Re: The Composer Channel is on the air!

Congrats, Christopher, Deirdre and Charlie!!!

Listening now!

However, when I figured out how to get there, a message says "Welcome, ChristopherDuncan. We hope you enjoy the shows! ". I guess in some small way, we are ALL Christopher Duncan!

KevinKauai

Cool Re: The Composer Channel is on the air!

[ comment withdrawn ]
    Last edited by KevinKauai; 02-20-2005 at 05:08 AM. Reason: comment withdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    Congrats, Christopher, Deirdre and Charlie!!!

Listening now!

However, when I figured out how to get there, a message says "Welcome, ChristopherDuncan. We hope you enjoy the shows! ". I guess in some small way, we are ALL Christopher Duncan!

KevinKauai
    Thank you, Kevin!

Yikes, that was embarrassing. Leave it to a fellow developer to save my fanny on a blatant bug!

All fixed now!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    PICKING A small NIT:

[picking myself up from the floor ... rolling .. um ...]

KevinKauai
    Oh, there's more. I believe somewhere in one of the shows is a reference to Eric Clapton's "Lola". I figured if I left the mistakes in it would sound more "live".
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Great job. Great station. I only have one small complaint: why is it mono and not stereo? Or am I nuts?
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Great job. Great station. I only have one small complaint: why is it mono and not stereo? Or am I nuts?
    Well, it's not in mono, but it is 56k mp3, which is doubtless the quality issue you're hearing. Now as for whether or not you're nuts, well, gee, I don't know if I'm qualified...
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum