• Register
  • Help

Topic: 25 SIGNS YOU HAVE GROWN UP

Share/Bookmark

Talking 25 SIGNS YOU HAVE GROWN UP

1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.

2. Having in a twin bed is out of the question.

3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.

6. You watch the Weather Channel.

7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "break up."

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."

10. You're the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won't turn down the stereo.

11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling jokes around you.

12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.

13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.

14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.

15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.

16. You take naps from noon to 6 PM

17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.

19. If you're a gal, you go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.

20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff."

21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

22. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.

24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.

25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save your tired & sorry old ~~~. Then you forward it to a bunch of old pals & friends 'cause you know they'll enjoy it & do the same.
    Styxx

Re: 25 SIGNS YOU HAVE GROWN UP

Hmmm, guess that means I'm not old yet. I'd actually be a little worried if I was....
    Tim

I'm only 22 years old, so none of this should be true for me right? Erm, well...

1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them. Correct...unless you can smoke aloe vera and I just don't know it

2. Having in a twin bed is out of the question. Me and my wife are pretty slim...but we still prefer at least a queen

3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge. Sure thing...

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed. Actually, up at 4:00 AM...

5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator. I don't hear the elevator music because I'm using my iPod...

6. You watch the Weather Channel. Don't get it...

7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "break up." In today's society, divorce seems to be taken about as lightly as breaking up...

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14. Exactly fourteen for me last year, in fact...

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up." I still wear what I feel like...but that's usually Eddie Bauer or Banana Republic, so yeah, I look okay...

10. You're the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won't turn down the stereo. One next door neighbor is 80 years old. The other one has kids younger than five. So it's all good...

11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling jokes around you. Oh...that was a joke? I get it now!!

12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore. Never liked the place.

13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up. Insurance definitely plummets when you get married. My car payments haven't changed, though.

14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers. Don't own a dog. The neighbor's is over here enough that we really don't need one...

15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt. How'd you know?

16. You take naps from noon to 6 PM. I wish...

17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one. How true!!

18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach. I could handle it...

19. If you're a gal, you go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests. N/A

20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff." Never was. My tastes have always been expensive...

21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time. No time for breakfast!

22. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again." I enjoy alcohol, but I've never had a hang-over, so I can't say this really applies...

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work. I wish I was that disciplined...

24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar. And I use the bathroom at the bar before going home to save money on the water bill.

Some of those jokes are too grown up for me to understand . . .

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Wink Re: 25 SIGNS YOU HAVE GROWN UP

True True

Go Back to forum