• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does anyone know how

Share/Bookmark

Angry Does anyone know how

to get Real Player to stop buffering every 20 seconds? It is getting really annoying trying to listen to the Composer Station and it stops playing and starts after loading again and again!
    Is this something one can set in the player or is it on the PC itself?
    Thanks
    Styxx

Re: Does anyone know how

Solution = Get rid of Real Player and use something else... Ack, I've always disliked that as a media player.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    Solution = Get rid of Real Player and use something else... Ack, I've always disliked that as a media player.
    I would definitely LOVE to get rid of Rplayer! Unfortunately, nothing else has worked sort of flying down to Christopher's studio and siting in on the program live! GD pain in the ACE~! I just can't figure this garbage out!
    Sorry, I'm at my wits end with this Microsoft crap.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I would definitely LOVE to get rid of Rplayer! Unfortunately, nothing else has worked sort of flying down to Christopher's studio and siting in on the program live! GD pain in the ACE~! I just can't figure this garbage out!
    Sorry, I'm at my wits end with this Microsoft crap.
    Umm, doesn't Real make RealPlayer? Or did Microsoft buy them too?

And if Microsoft did buy them...what were they thinking!?!

Can you turn up the buffer?
    Aaron Clark, C/C++, J2EE, Flash, Perl and PHP programming.
    Logic Pro 7.0.1, G5 1800x2, 3 Gig ram, GPO and GOS lite.
    My site: http://www.clarkaudio.com
    Where I work now: http://www.blinex.com/

Thumbs down Re: Does anyone know how

Quote Originally Posted by UNIX_GURU
    Can you turn up the buffer?
    Now that, I've been trying to figure out if it is at all possible. You would think there be a path to do so. Beats the wind right out of me! I've tried everything I could think of even as far as to disable Real Player and try to set something else up. Media Player errors all over so much it's perplexing. And Winamp will not connect at all. There has got to be a way! I cannot be the only one who will not have the opportunity to listen to this fine station!
    Man...........this is turning me inside out.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot

Come now, let's have a concrete recommendation, please. I also have the problem, and being one of the featured composers, it is a disappointment to hear all that stammering. Worse than a tarentella or paso doble played by a performer who can't keep time!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Come now, let's have a concrete recommendation, please. I also have the problem, and being one of the featured composers, it is a disappointment to hear all that stammering. Worse than a tarentella or paso doble played by a performer who can't keep time!

Richard
    In Real Player Ver 10 (Nab it if you don't have it):

TOOLS>PREFERENCES>PLAYBACK SETTINGS (left window)>BUFFER UP TO NN SECONDS OF THE CLIP BEFORE PLAYING IT.

ALSO

TOOLS>PREFERENCES>CONNECTION (left window)>BANDWIDTH>TEST CONNECTION.

Ver 10 auto-detects your connection. Make sure that your player setting matches your connection type.

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Ónd in windows media player 8 & 9
    tools>options>perfoemance>network buffering

mick ˇ c

Hello Styxx,

Don't know if this is of any help to yourself or other users who are fed up with the likes of Real, WMP and Winamp. I discovered a little gem of a media player called QCD or Quintessential Player. For me this little star beats any of them. To quote from their website, ' .. there are no Pro versions, cripples, nags or spyware. Quintessential is here to be enjoyed without any catches.'

I am now listening to the Composer's Channel with absolutely no problems. If you are interested in trying this, you can find it at:

www.quinnware.com
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum