• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Waltz In C Minor"

Share/Bookmark

"Waltz In C Minor" and "Waltz In E minor"

Fellow Music Lovers,

THESE FILES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Here are a couple of my waltzes for your perusal.

I am having trouble with the GPO piano samples. As you can hear in this file, the piano sounds bassy and muffled. The problem appears to be in the sample itself because it loads that way in both the Kontakt sample player and also the full version of Kontakt. If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

"Waltz In C Minor"

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...tzInCMinor.mp3

"Waltz In E Minor"

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...tzInEminor.mp3

Regards,

Larry A.

Thumbs up Re: "Waltz In C Minor"

Wow, these are both very cool! Everyone, listen to these! Brilliant compositions; it's like a fusion of baroque, classical, and romantic styles all in one. Makes me wish I knew the first thing about composing for piano...

As for your problem with bassy samples, sorry, but I'm not hearing any of that. It sounds awesome from where I sit, and I sit in front of a pair of Event TR8 monitors. I know nothing of your level of expertise, so sorry if these are some stupid questions, but: Are your speakers placed close to the walls? Closeness to walls and especially corners can cause that boomy sound in speakers. Are your bass/treble or EQ settings right? If you're using a sequencer with plugin effects, have you inadvertantly left an EQ on the channel you use for piano? Or, maybe your ears are just tired after a long day of listening to the same thing over and over again. Put it down for a day and see if it sounds any better with well-rested ears. Hope you get it fixed, 'cause I'd like to hear more stuff from you.

Chris

Re: "Waltz In C Minor"

Thanks, Dude.

I appreciate your comments.

Are you frozen way up there in the North country? It's 59 degrees F here in East Texas and everyone thinks that we are into another Ice Age.

I just wish that I could get a crisper sound with the GPO piano. I don't know what the problem is. I'm still trying to chase it down.

Regards,

Larry A.

Brilliant, my Techsan chum! I'm a great fan of Joplin and to me these are very much Ragtime pieces. One of my favourite Joplin pieces is 'Bethena' also a Waltz.

Mercy me, you are prolific Larry!

The T Sipper

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Brilliant, my Techsan chum! I'm a great fan of Joplin and to me these are very much Ragtime pieces. One of my favourite Joplin pieces is 'Bethena' also a Waltz.

Mercy me, you are prolific Larry!

The T Sipper
    Thanks, Frank.

I have written twenty or thirty ragtime pieces through the years. Maybe I'll post one or two of them in the near future.

Take care,

Larry A.

Thumbs up Re: "Waltz In C Minor"

Yes, I concur with our resident Brit, Mr. Heern. Indeed these are very Rag time and also do remind me of Scott Joplin's rags especially "Bethena".
    Excellent Waltzeszzzzzzzz! You never cease to amaze me.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Thanks, Frank.

I have written twenty or thirty ragtime pieces through the years. Maybe I'll post one or two of them in the near future.

Take care,

Larry A.
    Yes please Larry....but spread them out; don't hit me with all of them at once....my lack of time is of the essence....

Frank

Hey, Larry - nice pieces.

I think you're unhappy with the general color of the GPO piano sample. Just think of someone playing ot on a piano you don't like

Quote Originally Posted by ELP71
    Hey, Larry - nice pieces.

I think you're unhappy with the general color of the GPO piano sample. Just think of someone playing it on a piano you don't like.
    That would be torture, indeed!

Thanks for listening.

Regards,

Larry A.

Go Back to forum