• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which driver to use?

Which driver to use?

I'm new to this forum. Forgive me if my questions seems elementary. When using GPO studio I'm trying to find the driver that would give me the lowest latency. My system consists of : P4, 2.6G, 1 gig of ram, sound blaster audigy 2. When I go into settings using GPO studio/ audio driver i'm presented with a list of drivers. I think I should be usuing the ASIO drivers but I have a number of them to choose from. They are:

[MME] Microsoft sound mapper output (out)
    [MME] SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [C400] (out)
    [Directsound] Primary Sound Driver (out)
    [Directsound] SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio (out)
    [ASIO] ASIO Direct X (duplex)
    [ASIO] ASIO Multimedia driver (duplex)
    [ASIO] Creative ASIO (duplex)
    [ASIO] SB Audigy 2 ZS ASIO 24/96 [C...] (duplex)
    [ASIO] SB Audigy 2 ZS ASIO [C400] (duplex)

Also, when I try to use any of the above ASIO drivers I get the following error: Portaudio error (-9997): invalid sample rate

I've tried the work arounds in other posts relating to ths error but none seem to work. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Re: Which driver to use?

[ASIO] SB Audigy 2 ZS ASIO 24/96 [C...] (duplex)

Re: Which driver to use?

There's a little problem with the audigy driver, but definately use it. If Studio crashes I found that if I chose the preference menu first, made sure the matching hz is chosen for the Audio drive I will be using, and then chose the Audio driver I had a greater success of keeping things running. For the 24/96 you must choose 96 hz. For the SB Audigy 2 ZS ASIO driver you must choose 48 hz. At least that's how it is with my Audigy 4 card. If you can't get back into Studio, due to that error you mentioned, you'll need to start windows in "safe mode" start Studio and do as I mentioned above. Definately don't start changing drivers repeatedly or you will certainly crash!

Go Back to forum