Thanks so much for all the great suggestions and observations you've made. I've had time to incorporate a few of the things you've come up with or pointed out, which will hopefully make things that much easier to navigate. Here's what's new.
There may be a couple of other fixes and new features, but that's all that comes to mind. I won't always be able to implement every idea I hear from you, but your suggestions really are making a difference in the quality of the experience, and I appreciate it, as will your fellow community members.
- If you check 'Remember me' when you login, you no longer have to go to the forums page for auto login to happen. When you go to www.ShowProgramming.com, you'll see a link at the top of the page welcoming you and giving you a link that takes you directly to the player page. If you're not logged in, that text changes to a link pointing you to the "Tcc Login"
- "Tcc Login" - the images you see in various places that say "Login and Listen to TCC" will now automatically take you to the player page after you login. If you're already logged in and click on it, you bypass the login page and go straight to the player page.
- The player page now shows the currently playing show and the one coming up next only. It also has a few links to see today's and tomorrow's schedule. Today's schedule now displays shows from the current show on, to reduce clutter. Tomorrow's schedule is the full day.
- The player page also has a link to search for all shows by composer in either today's or tomorrow's schedule. This will list only those shows that contain at least one song by the given composer.
- The "click here to listen" image has been made more prominent and eyecatching so you don't have to hunt around for it.
- In the page for the show edition, the hosts have been moved to the bottom of the page to reduce scrolling when you want to see who's in a particular edition.
- Fixed the problem where the station was inadvertently broadcasting in mono.
- Discovered that 56k is still too hot for dialup. I've got a call in to my hosting guys to give me another set of ports so that I can offer a lower bandwidth option that will work on dialup without all the constant rebuffering.
- Made an obvious entry on the Create Account page letting you know that you may only use numbers and letters for the user id or the login process will not work.