• Register
  • Help

Topic: sustain pedal kontaks gpo studio

Share/Bookmark

sustain pedal kontaks gpo studio

about the kontakt player,

I cant manage to activate the sustain pedal from the player

there is this area with this slider where I can select the controller (64) and
    then I slide from -100% to 100% etc, but cubase doesnt record anything there,
    I Can record no problem the other controllers, pitch bend, modulation etc etc,
    but not the sustain pedal

anybody can explain how to activate etc the sustain pedal from the kontakt player in GPO studio? ,

thanks a lot
    Jav

Re: sustain pedal kontaks gpo studio

In the Kontakt player,
    click on options,.... just below the "LOAD" button
    select sustain,....
    select "normal sustain"

This is the setting to use for piano, however, this setting will also cause all of the instruments that are currently loaded to sustain. Unfortunately this is a "global" setting for the Kontakt player, and you will need to record the piano to audio once the piano midi track is finished, then change the player back to.... "no sustain/sustenuto operation, but midi controller"

I trust that will get you going

DPDAN

Re: sustain pedal kontaks gpo studio

thank u DPDAN, although well I didnt explain myself well then, I already knew that, normal is for piano, and controller for strings etc, in the options etc, I know that

the problem I have is different, I know what I have to select in the options, what happens to me is that after selecting it, I play then the notes and I see the sustain nowhere, if I play strings with the sustain active I should hear them legato right? or a piano, I should hear it remaining after the note is off, right? well, thats what I cannot hear, so Im doing something wrong but surely its not about the options area , Ive read all about that, and I know which options belong to which instruments in there

so Im doing something else wrong, any idea?
    thanks again for your help

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    In the Kontakt player,
    click on options,.... just below the "LOAD" button
    select sustain,....
    select "normal sustain"

This is the setting to use for piano, however, this setting will also cause all of the instruments that are currently loaded to sustain. Unfortunately this is a "global" setting for the Kontakt player, and you will need to record the piano to audio once the piano midi track is finished, then change the player back to.... "no sustain/sustenuto operation, but midi controller"

I trust that will get you going

DPDAN

problem :)

now I am extra super confused

my friend and me were doing the strings masterclass, and the sustain is set to normal with strings and we put sustain controllers in cubase and the sustain works, but if we put the no sustain, cc controller then they dont work , but I thought it was the opposite ! that normal was for piano and the other for strings, but its happening the opposite here, the strings seem to work with sustain set to normal

any idea?

last question :)

hi there , yes, now we understand both types of sustain
    its all clear

normal for piano

and cc for strings etc

so last question is
    we can make them work no problems writing them directly in the piano roll in cubase

but we cannot send them from the kontakt player, how do you send the sustain pedal controller from the kontakt player?
    thank u a lot

Quote Originally Posted by javismiles
    now I am extra super confused

my friend and me were doing the strings masterclass, and the sustain is set to normal with strings and we put sustain controllers in cubase and the sustain works, but if we put the no sustain, cc controller then they dont work , but I thought it was the opposite ! that normal was for piano and the other for strings, but its happening the opposite here, the strings seem to work with sustain set to normal

any idea?

Re: last question :)

ok , we just found that to use the slider in kontakt player , it only works with the new x-custom folder instruments, okis, now we understand
    thank u

Quote Originally Posted by javismiles
    ok , we just found that to use the slider in kontakt player , it only works with the new x-custom folder instruments, okis, now we understand
    thank u
    Hi Javismiles,

I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you sooner, but it sounds like you have most of it figured out. The Kontakt player won't "send" any sustain data, it only receives it from a sequencer or keyboard sustain pedal.
    As long as I understand how you are using GPO.... I think that is correct.

DPDAN

dear DPDAN, thanks a lot for the reply, yes looks like now we understand it more or less all right , so far things are working now )
    thank u

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Hi Javismiles,

I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you sooner, but it sounds like you have most of it figured out. The Kontakt player won't "send" any sustain data, it only receives it from a sequencer or keyboard sustain pedal.
    As long as I understand how you are using GPO.... I think that is correct.

DPDAN

Go Back to forum