• Register
  • Help

Topic: Death4Told gets distribution deal

Death4Told gets distribution deal

Hey everyone,

I just got some pretty good news. The film, Death4Told: The Psychic, that I wrote the score for AQusing GPO exclusively just recieved a domestic distribution deal.

This is the e-mail that I recieved from Studio President, Bo Buckley:

"Last Friday we signed a deal with The Asylum for the DVD / Home Video license in North America. The Asylum then immediately signed a deal with Hollywood Video to push some 10,000+ copies of Death4Told in their outlets. If all goes well with the rentals we could easily move into Movie Gallery and Blockbuster and possibly sell through stores like Best Buy."

So, this is pretty cool. :-)

The film stars Margott Kidder (Lois Lane from the Superman movies with Christopher Reeves), Tom Savini ( Machine in From Dusk till Dawn, special effects god behind the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street films) and Alicia Goranson (Becky from Roseanne).

It is definately a B-quality film, but it was a great experience and alot of fun.

You can find some info and my score at http://www.jonnylostinc.com/6901/19028.html

You can also find info on the rest of the film at www.filmmakers.com.

I'll let you guys and gals know more when I know more.

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Death4Told gets distribution deal

I would love to do a "B" film.
    Aaron Clark, C/C++, J2EE, Flash, Perl and PHP programming.
    Logic Pro 7.0.1, G5 1800x2, 3 Gig ram, GPO and GOS lite.
    My site: http://www.clarkaudio.com
    Where I work now: http://www.blinex.com/

Congratulations. You shouldn't be so humble. You did a great job on the score. I'll have to make a note to pick it up if I see it around.

Good4you Johhny five
    way to go!

Johnny, that's great!! Wow, you'll be in the local store . Tom Savini is a homey (Pittsburgh)- I'l catch anything with him in it.

This is major- congratuliations!!

Congrats, Jonny!

Orcas Island

Thumbs up Re: Death4Told gets distribution deal

Wow Jonathon! Congratulations! That is fantastic news!

And to do the soiundtrack for a movie starring Margott Kidder, Tom Savini and Alicia Goranson is exciting. To be so young and have such a credit is amazing.

The music you have done is first rate. I know I'll be buying "Death4Told: The Psychic" DVDs. Now we can say we knew Jonathon when we was a member of the GPO forum . Hope you do music for many more films.

Thanks for sharing the great news.

Gary Garritan

Not to highjack your thread or anything, but a film that I scored last year entitled "The Fanglys" is also being distributed by the Asylum through Hollywood Video, Blockbuster, etc. It was all done with sample libraries as well, including the great GOS.

The film is laughably bad, but I had great fun doing the music (my first feature length film).

The producer even convinced me to create their opening logo animation along with a cheesy credit sequence and some other laughable visual effects in the movie. (Computer animation is another hobby of mine).
    Westgate Studios
    Sound Libraries for Gigastudio and Kontakt

UK- teeming with life....

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Congratulations. You shouldn't be so humble. You did a great job on the score. I'll have to make a note to pick it up if I see it around.
    Let the guy be humble if he wants to!!

Heartiest congratulations Jonny!....and you too Tim.

Go Back to forum