• Register
  • Help

Topic: ADAT levels in GS 3.01

Share/Bookmark

ADAT levels in GS 3.01

Hi there,

Really enjoying all the new features of GS 3.01. Has anyone else had 'too low' level on sending GS submixes to their DAW (seperate machine) via ADAT?

It seems I get a good mix on GS but when it gets transfered over to my DAW (SX - latest build) - to make a audio file for final mix with 'acoustic files - solo instruments, vocals, etc.) the levels on the imcoming channel for the GS stuff is too low.

Anyone out their doing it this same way?

(2 giga computers using gina 24 cards / ADAT. Seperate DAW using RME 96/52 - 3 pairs of ADAT input.)

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: ADAT levels in GS 3.01

Hi Rob, I noticed my levels coming out of Giga via ADAT were fine, but levels coming from Digital Performer (MOTU 828 MKII) to Giga showed up pretty low on the returns' level in Giga all at 0 Db.

DPDAN

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Hi Rob, I noticed my levels coming out of Giga via ADAT were fine, but levels coming from Digital Performer (MOTU 828 MKII) to Giga showed up pretty low on the returns' level in Giga all at 0 Db.

DPDAN
    Thanks DPDAN,

So if you were sending 0 db out on ADAT, they are received at the DAW the same?

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    Thanks DPDAN,

So if you were sending 0 db out on ADAT, they are received at the DAW the same?

Rob
    Hi Rob, I just checked, and it's actually all good.
    I use Digital Performer (MAC) with a MOTU 828 audio interface. I also use a PC for GIGA and GPO (Garritan Personal Orchestra), duh, sorry
    The RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652 soundcard (PC) connects to the 828 via ADAT lightpipes in & out.
    I just sent a tone from DP ADAT out @ 0 Db to the GIGA PC (RME) ADAT input and routed that input to an aux return in GIGA, and set the fader to "O". Then I sent the output of that return back to the ADAT input of the 828, and finally into an Aux return in DP set to 0, and it's all good.
    My fault that I thought it looked low originally.

DPDAN

Thanks a lot. I will check and make sure (one more time) that I don't have a submix slider down or something.

Thanks.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum