• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Virtuoso

Share/Bookmark

Virtuoso

Hi , anyone have Emu's Virtuoso ? They just released the software version , as well as Mo'Phatt , Planet Earth , and a new drum lib from Samplecraze .

http://www.emu.com/products/product....6&product=2261

I was wondering what ya'll thought of the quality of the strings and woodwinds (heck , it is only $69 .

Thanks ,
    Anthony

Re: Virtuoso

I have Emu's Virtuoso 2000, and if they are only charging $69.00, (I paid over a grand for it!!!) you might as well buy it - what the heck right? It doesn't even come close to the quality of the libraries that are mentioned in this forum, but you might find some of the patches useful as they can be modified to a degree. I bought mine as soon as it was released years ago, and at the time, it was great. I've put my Virtuoso in a box in the garage - I don't find it useful anymore. Is it just me, or am I contradicting myself???

its the planet earth sounds that are great according to all reviews ......

I plan on getting that too at some point . I use a hardwrae version at school and like it . The Planet Earth X is only $49 !

Hi,

I believe that they require E-mu hardware. Under the requirements for each of those soundsets, it says EmulatorX or ProteusX. Both of those products come with their own audio hardware. I do not believe that these are strictly software instruments but I may be wrong. If you don't own EmulatorX or ProteusX, you should verify this before buying.

That being said, I remember trying out a Virtuoso when it was initially released. I did not find much useful at all. If you have heard it and think that you'll use even one or two patches from it, then $69 is not that bad a deal. I personally wouldn't get it myself.

HTH,
    FV

it is the filters and fx of emu plus the planet earth, proteus 2000, mo phat sounds that are quality and remarkably inexpensive.........not the orchestral

I have a dedicated Emulator X machine as well as use it as a VSTi on my main PC . I have an Emu 1820m and a 1212m card .

You would think they would have some MP3 samples on their page ....

I am curious to see why Moosethree is not so impressed w/ the Virtuoso but it is more expensive .

I need some cheap strings that sound decent !! I am not to to much of a tweaker other than playing with the filters and such . I like presets !! (should I be ashamed ?)

Don't do it. It's horrible. I bought it in 2000, sold it one month later, felt cheated by the hype, went for Gigasampler and AO: night and day. (I much preferred the sounds on my old Roland JV2020 and orch expansion card to the Virtuoso).

You wont use the sounds. Save yourself some trouble and tear up $69, -much easier.

cheap decent Strings: sonic implant soundfont strings--extracted from their pro set

Go Back to forum