• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: this is has to be a bug@!

Share/Bookmark

this is has to be a bug@!

after I have recorded all the mod data for instruments let's say like lush strings, then I play it and see that I need to draw in the mod data or erase it or whatever, I go to play it again(this is after the whole piece is done with the mod data for that instrument) and it plays back very choppy it sounds like it has gate effect attached to it. has anyone else ran into this. I had to reboot my machine and play it again, but of course once I changed the mod controller data it became choppy again...this is beyond anoying.

Re: this is has to be a bug@!

Most likely you have inadvertantly another midi track assigned to the same channel, and the conflict of the two tracks of mod wheel data are chopping up the sound.
    Check it out and see.

DPDAN

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Most likely you have inadvertantly another midi track assigned to the same channel, and the conflict of the two tracks of mod wheel data are chopping up the sound.
    Check it out and see.

DPDAN
    thanks I'll look into that, I already recorded all the tracks so I don't need to worry about the midi controller stuff. Still I'll will look into that because it's happened to me before too.
    Thanks again

Some sequencers have a 'sound on sound' type option which will keep the old controllers and the new ones will just mix with the old ones. Causing the 2 sets to fight with each other. You want to set your sequencer to replace the data when recording or editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Some sequencers have a 'sound on sound' type option which will keep the old controllers and the new ones will just mix with the old ones. Causing the 2 sets to fight with each other. You want to set your sequencer to replace the data when recording or editing.
    I am using Sonar 3.1.1 Producer. I am running into this Lame CC1 Controller problem again, and I am just drawing the controller and it's sounding like i have a gate attached as efx for the strings. (I amazingly got that last piece to work) Now this new one I am running into the same problem. I am also using Kontakt in this production, do GPO and Kontakt not work together? Should I load up the Sample in Kontakt instead of GPO? Thanks

I use Sonar 3.1.1 and have never run across this issue. You may want to go into the Event View to verify that you don't have controllers such as CC1 and CC7 at the same time. Also verify that you don't have controllers on multiple channels. I usually only use channel 1 for all controllers as it makes editing easier.

well it was really strange when I had just violin 1 on channel 1 it was giving me that problem but once I added a second channel for violin 2 it went away and I was able to draw in the controllers for CC1. Thanks I'll make sure Sonar is set up correctly.

Does the modulation drop momentarily to Zero while playing back [watch the mod wheel on the Kontakt player while the choppy effect is happening]? If so it sounds like you have this problem:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=29091

I have not seen a solution to this.

Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    Does the modulation drop momentarily to Zero while playing back [watch the mod wheel on the Kontakt player while the choppy effect is happening]? If so it sounds like you have this problem:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=29091

I have not seen a solution to this.
    Yea that's the problem I have ran into also. I have to do a large orchestra piece soon I hope I don't run into that dang problem. I bet there might be echoing on my keyboard too 'er maybe. Well atleast I know what is wrong.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeCat
    Yea that's the problem I have ran into also. I have to do a large orchestra piece soon I hope I don't run into that dang problem. I bet there might be echoing on my keyboard too 'er maybe. Well atleast I know what is wrong.
    thanks
    Hi,

Did anyone find an answer to this problem yet? I'm getting the same problem. See my posts for more info. "Some help with expressiveness"

thanks

Steve Lewis

Go Back to forum