• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: To the NAMM Show!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation To the NAMM Show!

We are on our annual pilgrimage to NAMM. If you will be at the NAMM show, please stop by and say hello. We will have two booths #6721 and #6921 this year - on both sides of Native Instruments.

We will be announcing the Stradivari Solo Violin (with groundbreaking 'Sonic Morphing' technology), new versions of GPO (Advanced and Lite Editions), the Jazz & Big Band Collection, the Radio Station (in association with Christopher Duncan), and the winners of the GPO Orchestration Competition will be revealed. I will post some more details when I return (unless I have some free time and an internet connection).

It will be great to see many of you at NAMM!

Gary Garritan

Re: To the NAMM Show!

Looking VERY much forward to hearing your solo violin - sad GOS2 wont be announced - I was under the impression it would be. Oh well... any info on when we will se GOS2?

Thumbs up Re: To the NAMM Show!

Have a great show Gary. Can't wait to hear the new products and news of the contest winners. I wanna get my hands on that JAZZ LIB!!!
    May the Farce by with you,

Signed,
    Pizza the Hut!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Looking VERY much forward to hearing your solo violin - sad GOS2 wont be announced - I was under the impression it would be. Oh well... any info on when we will se GOS2?
    Marcussen,

I am awaiting the new features for the next version of the sampler Hopefully soon.

Gary

Have a great time, Gary!

Oooh, oooh, oooh. The cat's out of the bag!

I won't make it to NAMM, but I spent some enjoyable time with Gary and Jeff at CES, and Gary was kind enough to show me a video preview of the "Stradivari Solo Violin (with groundbreaking 'Sonic Morphing' technology)".

It's killer.

As I understand it, it's somewhere between sample playback and physical modeling.

As you know, if you mix between a piano solo violin and a forte solo violin, you don't get a smooth transition. You get one piano violin, then two violins (one piano, one forte), then one forte violin - even if they're playing the same melody.

But what if the waveforms of the two violins were in phase on every single zero crossing of the waveform? Then you would hear one violin that morphs from one voice to the next. Listen to Pink Floyd's Animals for an example of what I'm talking about. They morph between voice and instruments. (How'd thay do that in the analog days????) I don't know the details, but Gary's Sonic Morphing works along these lines.

The video showed a guy playing keyboard, using the mod-wheel and aftertouch (and maybe the sustain pedal?) in real time. He played single lines, legato, portamento, staccato and double-stops - with expression. He made it look easy. And it sounded killer. We're talking real-time virtuoso violin.

I'm not sure about all of the controls, options and programming. I don't know when it will ship, or what the final pricing will be. But I know that this is a huge breakthrough for solo instruments.

If you make it to NAMM, don't miss the Garritan booths, nor the demo of Gary's new violin.

And be careful to cushion your jaw as it hits the floor.

-JF

Have a great time, Gary. And best of success for your new products. And best of success to me so I can afford to buy them!
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Enjoy the show, Gary! And by the way, do make sure someone gets a few digital snapshots of you working the booth in your Llama Pajamas.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thanks for everything you are doing for the world of music Gary!

Can't wait to hear your post NAMM report
    DPDAN

Oooh, oooh, oooh. The cat's out of the bag!

I won't make it to NAMM, but I spent some enjoyable time with Gary and Jeff at CES, and Gary was kind enough to show me a video preview of the "Stradivari Solo Violin (with groundbreaking 'Sonic Morphing' technology)".

It's killer.

As I understand it, it's somewhere between sample playback and physical modeling.

As you know, if you mix between a piano solo violin and a forte solo violin, you don't get a smooth transition. You get one piano violin, then two violins (one piano, one forte), then one forte violin - even if they're playing the same melody.

But what if the waveforms of the two violins were in phase on every single zero crossing of the waveform? Then you would hear one violin that morphs from one voice to the next. Listen to Pink Floyd's Animals for an example of what I'm talking about. They morph between voice and instruments. (How'd thay do that in the analog days????) I don't know the details, but Gary's Sonic Morphing works along these lines.

The video showed a guy playing keyboard, using the mod-wheel and aftertouch (and maybe the sustain pedal?) in real time. He played single lines, legato, portamento, staccato and double-stops - with expression. He made it look easy. And it sounded killer. We're talking real-time virtuoso violin.

I'm not sure about all of the controls, options and programming. I don't know when it will ship, or what the final pricing will be. But I know that this is a huge breakthrough for solo instruments.

If you make it to NAMM, don't miss the Garritan booths, nor the demo of Gary's new violin.

And be careful to cushion your jaw as it hits the floor.
    Ok - I NEED TO SEE OR HEAR THAT NOW!

Marcussen,

I am awaiting the new features for the next version of the sampler Hopefully soon.

Gary
    I see I thought it would use the Sonic Morphing Technology? Or will it, but withing a new sampler?

Go Back to forum