• Register
  • Help

Topic: re-registration on a seperate pc

Share/Bookmark

re-registration on a seperate pc

before i repeat the registration hell i went thru the 1st time. i just got my NEW seperate PC up and running - now i want to MOVE my copy of GS
    from my sequencing PC to the new computer- i am assuming i have to register from the begining so i can upgrade my version - anyone have any tips - i am guessing you simply can\'t use any of the info from the 1st PC right??
    thanks
    mike

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: re-registration on a seperate pc

Originally posted by mike harper:
    before i repeat the registration hell i went thru the 1st time. i just got my NEW seperate PC up and running - now i want to MOVE my copy of GS
    from my sequencing PC to the new computer- i am assuming i have to register from the begining so i can upgrade my version - anyone have any tips - i am guessing you simpley can\'t use any of the info from the 1st PC right??
    thanks
    mike
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">NO...don\'t re-register. Just use the same key. In fact, if you try to re-register, you will just get an email telling you that serial number is already registered.

Giga registrations are computed from your user information. If someone provides a registration key to another user, and that illegal user tries to get tech support, they can trace the installation back to the person who shared it!!

Good luck,
    Bruce

Go Back to forum