• Register
  • Help

Topic: choral samples

Share/Bookmark

choral samples

hi everybody, was wondering if you could recommend any nice choral library that can work well with GPO, so GPO is the best in orchestral, now what is out there that is nice for human choral voices? that is also not very expensive but great quality, like GPO , and that can work like a VST instrument in nuendo , etc
    thank u
    Jav

Re: choral samples

Well, as much as I would love to have at least one, I can say I've heard two that are quite effective and seem to work well with GPO.
    BelaDMedia's "Diva" www.BelaDMedia.com
    also check out their demo at, http://wwww.beladmedia.com/audio/diva-montage.mp3
    Next, Quantum Leap VOTA. There are some very well constructed demos up now that you can at least hear VOTA with GPO. I could just imagine the possibilities with both...but then again, I can only imagine.
    Hope this helps
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: choral samples

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Well, as much as I would love to have at least one, I can say I've heard two that are quite effective and seem to work well with GPO.
    BelaDMedia's "Diva" www.BelaDMedia.com
    also check out their demo at, http://wwww.beladmedia.com/audio/diva-montage.mp3
    Next, Quantum Leap VOTA. There are some very well constructed demos up now that you can at least hear VOTA with GPO. I could just imagine the possibilities with both...but then again, I can only imagine.
    Hope this helps
    Styxx... go for Bela D Media... there's a group buy now....
    I've borrowed some money from my wife and from my father and got into group buy.... coz as You may know i'm a great opera lover...

coz as You may know i'm a great opera lover...
    Yes! Is there a link so that I may check into this further?
    Thanks
    Styxx

For the DIVA group buy: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=29299

Bela D will also be releasing the first section of his VOCI Choir library soon, featuring a children's choir. Adult voices will be included in future releases.

East West/Quantum Leap will soon be releasing their Symphonic Chorus. Details are sketchy at this point, and I don't think any demos are up yet.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Along the same lines, I would be interested in learning more about Chorus / vocals for use in Kontakt (which I am considering buying to better run my GPO!). Any ideas as to what Voices work well with KONTAKT?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

My copy of DIVA is the Kontakt version and it runs flawlessly next to the GPO samples opened in the sme instance. I use the GPO piano alot with DIVA in the same instance.
    Lincoln Flesch
    Diva, GPO, GOS, LastLibs Bass, Scarbee's SID, BFD, Post Emperor and the MAG.
    ---------------------------------------
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    --Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Diva is a great lib, but it consists of samples of female classical soloists, not choirs. On the other hand, I believe it is available in Kontakt format, and is reasonably priced, especially with the group buy.

EWQL Symphonic Choirs will probably rock the house, but you can expect to spend a fat chunk of cash on it.

Another option is Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices library. It's not quite as sexy as VOTA or the other newer vocal libs, but it still has a lot of very useful material.

Quote Originally Posted by javismiles
    hi everybody, was wondering if you could recommend any nice choral library that can work well with GPO, so GPO is the best in orchestral, now what is out there that is nice for human choral voices? that is also not very expensive but great quality, like GPO , and that can work like a VST instrument in nuendo , etc
    thank u
    Jav
    Jav, I recently posted a demo using GPO and VOTA (which is soon to become QL Choir). You can download it from www.homepage.mac.com/dragonwind.
    Chris

Go Back to forum