• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just got GPO installed and running!

Share/Bookmark

Just got GPO installed and running!

<BEST STRONGBAD VOICE>
    HOLY CRAP!!!!
    </STRONGBAD VOICE>

I'm supposed to be working (I work from home), but the lure of the GPO package was irresistable, and so I ripped it open and installed it and I've played pretty much every instrument now. The Steinway is everything I wanted it to be (I'm a pianist and most of my playing is on a 7' Steinway), and all the other instruments are great too. (I'm in love with the oboe. And the piccolo trumpet? WOW!)

Now how to explain this to my wife when she gets home. "No honey!! I didn't drink all the Bacardi. It's GPO! Honest!!"

But until then, I shall continue to hammer away at my poor controller in my drunken (and extremely happy) state.

And please: don't ask me how I play with boxing gloves on...I'm so tired of that question.

Thumbs up Re: Just got GPO installed and running!

Just do it life's not a dress rehearsal!
    So, this obviously means we'll be hearing a demo from you soon, right? Yes? No? Maybe? Not? Yes!!!!!
    Styxx

Re: Just got GPO installed and running!

Thanks for sharing your GPO joy Everlastingman!

I know the feeling exactly, and don't forget to go to bed tonight

DPDAN

EverlastingMan,

Can't wait to hear that STRONGBAD voice on a demo. Now for your wife, you can make beautiful music together.

Enjoy GPO and I'm glad you are part of our community.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingMan
    <BEST STRONGBAD VOICE>
    HOLY CRAP!!!!
    </STRONGBAD VOICE>

I

But until then, I shall continue to hammer away at my poor controller in my drunken (and extremely happy) state.

And please: don't ask me how I play with boxing gloves on...I'm so tired of that question.
    Well, that's how I felt when I first got my GPO. Beats the stuffings out of my Roland little black box, which cost more!

In San Francisco, in about 1955, there was a pianist, L. C. Hemple, who played at a place on the Embarcadero called Johnnie's Waterfront Hangout, or something like that. He played the piano while wearing boxing gloves. He sounded just like a person playing the piano while wearing boxing gloves!

Richard

Welcome to the flock, gang, group -what is the collective noun for GPO users? One thing it can't be is herd, because we are all individuals here.

Take some time to listen to Franscesco's offerings

(compliment to him)

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZero
    Welcome to the flock, gang, group -what is the collective noun for GPO users?
    Cult

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Cult
    A fellow Chattanoogan. That's awesome! It's a small world indeed.

Ah, Chattanooga! My grandmother is a jazz pianists and she used to play the "Chattanooga Choo Choo". Whenever she talks about it though, she calls it "The Cat That Chewed My New Shoes!"

Grandma Cox - "I'm gonna play "The Cat That Chewed My New Shoes!" Is that alright JW? (That's what they call me)

Me - "Whatever you want grandma!!" :-)

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Go Back to forum