• Register
  • Help

Topic: creative drivers vs m-audio drivers

Share/Bookmark

creative drivers vs m-audio drivers

holy cow batman!!! i am impressed.
    after screwing around with GPO for a few weeks and just enjoying making cool noises, i got around to finally trying the piano library and i noticed that there was a large delay from pressing the keys and then hearing the sound. after changing the drivers from WDM drivers, to creative's ASIO, then finally M-audio's ASIO drivers i was seriously impressed. if you could only have seen me - looking soooo confused trying to figure out why the keyboard was not shutting off it's onboard sounds, then realizing that <i>no! the latency is so low that i can't tell the difference </i> between when the keyboard is making sound, and when i send the signal from my keyboard -> midi controller -> m-audio input -> sonar -> gpo dxi -> vst garritan ambience -> m-audio spdif out -> amplifier -> speakers!!!!
    so the different drivers evidently make a huge difference. well i've learned something and on that note i'm going to bed
    just had to share,
    bachrock

Re: creative drivers vs m-audio drivers

Quote Originally Posted by bachrock
    holy cow batman!!! i am impressed.
    after screwing around with GPO for a few weeks and just enjoying making cool noises, i got around to finally trying the piano library and i noticed that there was a large delay from pressing the keys and then hearing the sound. after changing the drivers from WDM drivers, to creative's ASIO, then finally M-audio's ASIO drivers i was seriously impressed. if you could only have seen me - looking soooo confused trying to figure out why the keyboard was not shutting off it's onboard sounds, then realizing that <i>no! the latency is so low that i can't tell the difference </i> between when the keyboard is making sound, and when i send the signal from my keyboard -> midi controller -> m-audio input -> sonar -> gpo dxi -> vst garritan ambience -> m-audio spdif out -> amplifier -> speakers!!!!
    so the different drivers evidently make a huge difference. well i've learned something and on that note i'm going to bed
    just had to share,
    bachrock

Glad this worked for you! I'm using M-Audio drivers too, and my latency is 2 milliseconds. I'm pretty dang impressed as well...

Question Re: creative drivers vs m-audio drivers

This shighst always confuses me. I would give my left earlobe to have a system that has the right sound card, drivers programs that open properly, able to hear and see what others do. The frustration is getting to me even through all my goofing around.
    You think you know something only to find out you know nothing. My PC Sucks big time. Latency, all the brains in the world behind Microsoft and the products are no better than the fools who call themselves ... whatever.

OK, so which M-Audio system would be an advantage so I can trash this Creative Audigy 2 Sound Blaster Bastard? Are we talking just drivers or what?
    Again, my ignorance shines!
    Styxx

Question Re: creative drivers vs m-audio drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx

OK, so which M-Audio system would be an advantage so I can trash this Creative Audigy 2 Sound Blaster Bastard? Are we talking just drivers or what?
    Again, my ignorance shines!
    I too would like some clarification on this point. I'm using an M-Audio Delta 44 on an XP Home box (SP1) and have installed the latest drivers that I could find at M-Audio...but still have latency. What am I missing here? (Since I personally don't know WDM from ASIO, ignorance may be the real issue).
    jim

Go Back to forum