• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bounce/exporting audio-files in Gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

Bounce/exporting audio-files in Gigastudio

I'm a Mac-user who are thinking of getting a PC with Gigastudio3.
    I'll continue to use Logic/Protools on my Macs.
    If I use the Giga as an outboard sampler, is it possible to export audiofiles of some sort, from the Giga-tracks/performances?
    Or do I need an audio-interface for the PC, synced to my houseclock and routed to my PTHD-interface?
    Probably sooner or later for better workflow, I guess.
    It would be nice though, if I could import audiofiles to Protools via ethernet, when it comes to mix, and use some cheapo/decent soundcard for monitoring the Giga while writing/arranging/producing...

Thanks in advance

Re: Bounce/exporting audio-files in Gigastudio

Yes, you can bounce (capture) audio files (.wav) in GS and transfer them to your MAC via network. You'll need a GSIF card; the more outputs you have on that card, the more channels (audio-files) you can capture simultaneously (up to 8 I think). Note that the capture is in real-time.

Cheers,

Chris
    New music at
    www.calegy.com

Thanks!
    So there's no way of bouncing to a file to import in Protools?
    Only realtime?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer
    Thanks!
    So there's no way of bouncing to a file to import in Protools?
    Only realtime?
    Hm.. I'm not sure what you mean. As I said, you bounce/capture/export the audio from Giga into one (or up to eight) .wav file(s), which you then can import into Protools (I assume you can import .wav files in protools? I'm no Mac-guy). The realtime capture refers to that this bouncing of a file in Giga takes as long time as your music takes to play. If your MIDI-file takes 3 minutes to play, it takes 3 minutes to bounce.

If you have 8 outputs on the PC soundcard, you can speed up the bouncing process doing parallel bounces, and one play-through of your MIDI file (e.g. 3 minutes) will result in up to 8 different audio files, each of 3 minutes length.

Cheers,

Chris
    New music at
    www.calegy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Allmoge
    The realtime capture refers to that this bouncing of a file in Giga takes as long time as your music takes to play. If your MIDI-file takes 3 minutes to play, it takes 3 minutes to bounce.
    I misunderstood your first post. Now I see what you mean. Thanks a lot!

Go Back to forum