• Register
  • Help

Topic: Impulse file formats for different platforms

Share/Bookmark

Impulse file formats for different platforms

Can an AltiVerb owner explain to me what the easiest way is to convert "true stereo" impulse sets for PC apps (two stereo .wav files, one for L and one for R) to a format that AltiVerb can import? Is this possible with just two simple stereo AIFF files?

I am preparing an Impulse Library and also want to create AltiVerb compatible discs as well. The impulses will of course be beta tested with AltiVerb as well (not just converted).

If AltiVerb has a proprietary file format as well, is it possible to use that format for distribution as well? Or can that only be created with software that comes with AltiVerb?

And what file formats are commonly used in ProTools setups?

Thanks,

Re: Impulse file formats for different platforms

Protools use Sound Designer 2 (sd2) format. Same as Altiverb. Altiverb-files are 24bit 48khz split-stereo files.

Well, at least something

Does anyone know of PC bases software that can write SD2 files? Until now I have only found tools that can write SD1 format. I guess I have to do the conversion on a Mac...

Awave Audio does. -> http://www.fmjsoft.com/

A _highly_ recommendable utility, in any case.

Thumbs up Re: Impulse file formats for different platforms

Thanks very much Dietz!

This didn't turn up in my websearches, and the funny thing is: I already have a license of Awave! I just hardly ever used it.

Go Back to forum