• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GSEdit always crashing !@3!#$%

Share/Bookmark

GSEdit always crashing !@3!#$%

What the F is up with GSEdit constantly crashing ? And when I say \"crashing\", I mean immediately and with no warning restarting my GS machine (Windows 2000 BTW)...I thought this kind of thing wasn\'t supposed to happen in Win2k in the first place - protected memory or whatever.

I\'m currently still runing 2.5.48...and the Giga app is running great...I\'m not experiencing any of the problems that the updates are supposed to fix, so I\'m a little leery of upgrading...but I\'d be willing to upgrade if any of the subsequent releases make GSEdit significantly more stable. Do they ?

Re: GSEdit always crashing !@3!#$%

Haha..sorry [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Get used to it. The minute I step into GSEdit, it\'s a potential war zone. Who knows: simple crash, complete blue screen of death.. anything could happen.

The culprit is usually the Conexant driver (ew.sys). This thing is always bombing out on me. I don\'t know who Conexant is or what part this plays in GigaStudio (I think it handles the streaming audio), but it needs work.

Well maybe I\'ll go ahead and get the 2.54 update...

it says something about \"This free update fixes the \"Conexant WaveStream Error\" message that occurs when GigaStudio is sent invalid MIDI data sequences\"...and also \"Fixes Editor drag/drop wave import on Win 2K/XP\" which is causing a lot of crashes for me.

Is anyone running 2.54 on Win2k ? Does GSEdit seem even slightly more stable ?

Hi Hilary, I would certainly get the 2.54 update and it wouldnt hurt to update W2k as well. What service pack are you currently running?

I am on WIn XP SP1 and the Giga editor has never crashed.

Cheers, Scott.

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    Hi Hilary, I would certainly get the 2.54 update and it wouldnt hurt to update W2k as well. What service pack are you currently running?

I am on WIn XP SP1 and the Giga editor has never crashed.

Cheers, Scott.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">My Win2k is fully updated to the latest everything...I just did a major marathon windows update the other day...I like to hear stuff about that regarding WinXP...I have a couple of other (non-Music-app-related) PCs running XP and I love it...maybe if the latest Giga update in 2k isn\'t any better I\'ll go with an XP upgrade as well.

Thanks for the replies.

Are starting the Editor from within the GS app? The Editor is a LOT more stable when run by itself.

Originally posted by Bill:
    Are starting the Editor from within the GS app? The Editor is a LOT more stable when run by itself.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Okay, I\'ll give that a shot too...typically I\'ve been running GSEdit simultaneously w/ Giga.

Like Bill stated, I think that\'s your problem. I had that awhile back, but that was when I used to minimize GS to load the editor -- crashed everytime. Now, I just open a channel, act like I\'m loading the .gig, and edit it by right clicking before I load it. It\'s never crashed like this, so maybe it\'s all in the way the program is launched. Who knows! (WinXP btw).

Just to balance this conversation, I\'ve got to say that I almost never have a crash in the editor, and I often have four or five instruments which I\'m working on at a time. I usually edit stuff by right clicking in the channel slot. I have had a few crashes when creating an instrument from scratch, but rarely when simply editing an existing gig file. I\'m on Win98se.

Just lucky I guess [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hello

I have the same problem with the GS Editor. It crashes constantly. I\'m using GS 2.54 with XP Pro and a Echo Midi Mia. I\'m using the Editor by itself as well. What is going on?

Kevin

Go Back to forum