• Register
  • Help

Topic: Don't I feel like a dummy!

Share/Bookmark

Don't I feel like a dummy!

So I'm working on this piece and guess what I need? I need a human whistle sound!

The funny thing is that this has been asked here before and the general answer (which I had agreed with up to this point was) "Get a mike and do it yourself you lazy bastard!"

Well, it's late, my wife is asleep, and I sure with I had some whistle samples! Don't I feel like a moron now!

So.....did anyone say that there are some whistling samples floating around?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Re: Don't I feel like a dummy!

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    The funny thing is that this has been asked here before and the general answer (which I had agreed with up to this point was) "Get a mike and do it yourself you lazy bastard!"
    I wouldn't! It's hard to whistle!! To do it well, anyway.

Fess up...you can't whistle.

just use a sinewave. sounds pretty much the same

Hey Kays. Is the Symphony of Voices Whistle too big for what you need?

Colin

Yeah, I need that lone whistler Sergio Leone western sound (rumor has it that Ennio Morricone did the whistling himself).

The sine wave approach generally ends up lacking the necessary "feel" and usually sounds too good for a human.

Since it's now morning and everyone is awake, I can now dig up my mic, drink a glass of water and start the performance.

Needless to say, I am thankful for the new Logic auto-tune plugin!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Go Back to forum