• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wish I could hide instruments in the rack . . .

Share/Bookmark

Wish I could hide instruments in the rack . . .

I like Kontakt as a program, but I HATE the display, it is so akward to work with. I wish there was a way to hide instruments in the rack that you don't need to see. If I am tweaking one or 2 instruments, I really don't need to see all 16 and having them there just slows me down becuase I have to scroll up and down and move the window around. A hide/show button for each loaded instrument would be a huge improvement.

Re: Wish I could hide instruments in the rack . . .

I would hope that N.I. plans to change the Kontakt interface for Kontakt 2.

Whenever that might be.

Or be able to change their order in the rack. (Unless I am missing something.)

When running as a Dxi plugin, Kontakt's window has to fit inside the window of my sequencer (Cakewalk Home Studio). But on my monitor there isn't room for all of them so I can't get at the instruments on the bottom rows to hit their EDIT buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    I would hope that N.I. plans to change the Kontakt interface for Kontakt 2.
    Kontakt 2 has been announced/shown at NAMM, but the interface doesn't look that different.

Quote Originally Posted by pdNH
    Or be able to change their order in the rack. (Unless I am missing something.)

When running as a Dxi plugin, Kontakt's window has to fit inside the window of my sequencer (Cakewalk Home Studio). But on my monitor there isn't room for all of them so I can't get at the instruments on the bottom rows to hit their EDIT buttons.
    You can't change the order as far as I know.

And yes, I had to reset the resolution on my monitor just to fit the whole Kontakt window in so I could edit the samples in the bottom of the rack. Now everything is so small I can hardly see it.

I would like to see a grab and move function for re-arranging the rack and a hide button that reduces an instrument to just a Name/Number when you are not editing it.

Thumbs up Re: Wish I could hide instruments in the rack . . .

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=30035

Leon, please let NI know how you feel about this!! A cool instrument which is no fun to use eventually lies in the corner gathering dust.....:-)

Nigel

Go Back to forum