• Register
  • Help

Topic: Maestro Tools can someone help?

Share/Bookmark

Maestro Tools can someone help?

I posted this in the GPO forum and realized I should have posted it here instead.

I have Giga installed on a PC, and Digital Performer on a Mac. The PC is strictly for sample libraries, and the Mac is only used for audio and midi sequencing with DP.

I loaded the Maestro Tools onto the "C" main drive where GS3 Orchestra resides. I used the setup.exe and I also have a shortcut to Maple on the desktop.

I assume that Maestro Tools needs to be on the PC and not the Mac. If I understand it correctly, Maple takes the midi inputs from the RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652 soundcard before Giga can get ahold of them, and therefore all midi from my Mac goes through Maple/Maestro Tools first, is that correct?

Here's where I am stumped...... I went to Garritan's website and found out that in order to use Meastro Tools, I need to get a serial number from Gary. So I contacted Marianne since Gary is at the NAMM show and she quickly emailed me the serial number.

When I completed the setup on the PC, there was no option or prompt to enter the serial number.

If anyone would be so kind to let me know what I need to do I would appreciate it.

Thanks, DPDAN

Re: Maestro Tools can someone help?

I don't remember how the install on that worked so I can't say off the top of my head. Probably it asks you when you first run it (the plugin, not Maple). If you can run the plugin and it never asks- well, don't worry about it But that's what happens IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    I don't remember how the install on that worked so I can't say off the top of my head. Probably it asks you when you first run it (the plugin, not Maple). If you can run the plugin and it never asks- well, don't worry about it But that's what happens IIRC.
    So, Maestro Tools is a plug in that get's inserted on Giga's channels?

Thanks Fred!
    DPDAN

If I remember correctly (big "if"), Maple asks for the serial# the first time it is run.

Yes, Maple / Maestro Tools is installed on the Giga PC. After opening Maple (Maple.exe), select Options/Midi Settings... from the menu. Select "Open Inputs from Midi Interface Hardware", and choose your RME's midi inputs from the drop-down boxes. Click OK.

On the left side of the Maple interface, select the Port and Channel you wish to use Maestro Tools on. Drop down the Effect Name box, and select Maestro Tools to set up the effect.

In GigaStudio, go to System Settings/Hardware. From the Midi In Ports, select the "Maple Midi In: Port #" which you have configured in Maple.

That's it! The midi data from your Mac will go into Maple. Maple will do whatever processing you set up, then send the modified midi stream on to GS.

Good luck!
    fermata

Fermata, you got me going,
    a big

Thank You!

I am very grateful to you....
    DPDAN

Oh, BTW always make sure Maple is running first, then open Gigastudio. If you don't have Maple already running it won't grab the port and nothing will happen. Also, don't do like I often do and make a change in Maple AND THEN CLOSE IT (instead of just minimizing/hiding it. I do this all the time absentmindedly and of course then all the up/down bows quit working

My pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Also, don't do like I often do and make a change in Maple AND THEN CLOSE IT (instead of just minimizing/hiding it. I do this all the time absentmindedly and of course then all the up/down bows quit working
    I did that a couple of times and then no more after that. I said to my self,,, Doh!

Thanks again Fermata!
    After using GOS for another project last night, I am very happy!

DPDAN

Go Back to forum