• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: SAM True Strike V.I. Starter & Pro: Now Pre-ordering

Share/Bookmark

SAM True Strike V.I. Starter & Pro: Now Pre-ordering

Dear Northernsounds community,

With the first NAMM day starting in just a couple of hours, Project SAM is excited to present you...

SAM TRUE STRIKE V.I.

PROFESSIONAL & STARTER EDITION
    POWERED BY STEINBERG HALION TECHNOLOGY

WE ARE NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS FOR BOTH NEW EDITIONS!

The STARTER EDITION of SAM TRUE STRIKE features an incredibly valuable collection of 40 out of 51 percussion instruments in one microphone set. For the basic percussion and other symphonic instruments this is the powerful sounding STAGE mic. Other instruments such as the bongos, congas, shaker and hand claps are offered in the CLOSE mic. This combination makes the STARTER EDITION a powerful percussion tool for orchestral music while keeping enough flexibility to use the samples in other music genres as well such as pop, latin or electronic. Visit our MUSIC DEMOS PAGE for examples. What the STARTER EDITION does not give you is the maximum versatility of the PROFESSIONAL EDITION which offers all 51 instruments in three genuine mic sets, close, stage and far, each with their own unique sound. SAM TRUE STRIKE STARTER EDITION - The best all-round percussion set at a budget price.

The PROFESSIONAL EDITION of SAM TRUE STRIKE is aimed at the professional composer requiring a wide range of percussion instruments, effects and features plus the versatility of three microphone sets recorded at 1.5, 7 and 15 meters from the players. With 51 extensively sampled powerful percussion instruments to choose from, a total size of 18 GB, the PROFESSIONAL EDITION will become your "go to" percussion library.

The three microphone sets make this edition an incredibly powerful tool. Each microphone distance has its own unique sound when, for example, comparing the different mic sets of instruments like marimba, snare drum and timpani. This makes the PROFESSIONAL EDITION an awesome percussion library for much more than symphonic music! Having instruments like marimba, cymbals, chimes, bongos, congas, hand claps, finger snaps and body percussion in close mic setting as well, means that the samples are great for other genres such as pop, latin, electronic and experimental music. Visit our
    MUSIC DEMOS PAGE for examples.

The STARTER EDITION is available as a VIRTUAL INSTRUMENT powered by the Steinberg HALion Player.

The PROFESSIONAL EDITION is available as both a VIRTUAL INSTRUMENT powered by the Steinberg HALion Player and in Tascam Gigastudio 2.5 and 3.0 formats.

BE SURE TO VISIT OUR BOOTH AT STEINBERG BOOTH #6524 IN HALL A.
    VINCENT AND MARCO WILL BE THERE SHOWING THE SAM TRUE STRIKE VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS!

Full information is available at www.projectsam.com.

Thank you for your interest!

The SAM Team

Re: SAM True Strike V.I. Starter & Pro: Now Pre-ordering

Sounds great. Great pricing on the starter. Will probably order it.
    When will it ship ?
    Will I be able to use my existing Steinberg dongle (the one used for Cubase) ?

I've been holding off on buying your library in hopes of either an EXS or Kontakt version of the Pro Edition. Do you plan to do a True Strike for either of these samplers?

Regarding the Halion player. Is this similar to Kompakt - a customized streamlined version of Kontakt? I believe Maarten uses Logic. Does the Halion player work (well) in Logic, or is it geared towards Steinberg software?

Thanks,

Colin

Question Re: SAM True Strike V.I. Starter & Pro: Now Pre-ordering

Is it based on a Hal2 or hal3 engine ?

Hello guys,

To anwer your questions:

Drew: The two editions of SAM True Strike V.I. will ship end February. Yes, if you have an existing Steinberg USB key (eg SX3, Nuendo3 or HALion3) you can upload the library license to that one, so you don't have to plugin another USB key.

Colin: This cross-platform V.I. version of SAM True Strike is replacing the Multi-formats which we used for our brass. This means there will not be an EXS or Kontakt version.

Luk: The Steinberg HALion Player which is powering our library is based on the HALion 3 sampler. This means that the full HALion 3 sampler will also load the library.

Best,

Maarten Spruijt
    Project SAM
    www.projectsam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten Spruijt
    Hello guys,

TYes, if you have an existing Steinberg USB key (eg SX3, Nuendo3 or HALion3) you can upload the library license to that one, so you don't have to plugin another USB key.

www.projectsam.com

fantastic :-)

Maarten,

In light of some of the AU hassles in Logic 7, would you recommend the going with the GS3 version or the Logic/Halion VI? I'd prefer the VI if you feel its working well in Logic. I realize many of the Logic issues are out of developers hands.

Thanks,

Colin

I got my true strike for Gigastudio yesterday. It sounds and performs great, and the far miced samples work great. Good job Maarten and crew.

I'll most likely be picking this up, thanks for the nice pricing options Maarten! My question is will this virtual instrument work as a stand alone product, or just as a plug in to be used in sequencers like cakewalk. Im hoping it's a stand alone product.

Rich

Colin: If you also have Gigastudio, the choice is yours. If you do not have Gigastudio... go for the V.I.!

RichD: This is all described in the press release on our website. The V.I. can be used under Mac OS X and Windows XP running...
    - Stand-alone
    - From a VST2, AU, DXi2 or Rewire host

Best,

Maarten Spruijt
    Project SAM
    www.projectsam.com

Go Back to forum