• Register
  • Help

Topic: info for Vintaudio C7 users using Halion and Cubase/Nuendo

Share/Bookmark

info for Vintaudio C7 users using Halion and Cubase/Nuendo

My C7 (Halion version) group bundle arrived today (woohoo ) - thanks, Franky.

I was intrigued to see the pedal up and pedal down noise samples but (unless I am missing something) they aren't used in the main programs, I guess because there isn't an obvious way to implement them.

Anyway, I was able to incorporate the pedal noises into the main piano program so that they are triggered correctly by the sustain pedal up and down, without interfering with they way the piano works otherwise.

It involved creating a Transformer (midi insert) - you only do it once then save it as a preset. This is in Cubase/Nuendo of course - there may well be similar functionality other sequencer, though.

Since you wouldn't want to hear these noise samples everytime you press the pedal, particularly the pedal down noise sample, I mapped their volume to mod wheel so you can bring them in and out as you choose.

If there is any interest in this I am happy to email the edited program (.fxp file) or email it to Franky for him to host and describe how to set up the Transformer preset (I don't think you can export a Transformer preset).

Cheers

Re: info for Vintaudio C7 users using Halion and Cubase/Nuendo

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus
    My C7 (Halion version) group bundle arrived today (woohoo ) - thanks, Franky.

I was intrigued to see the pedal up and pedal down noise samples but (unless I am missing something) they aren't used in the main programs, I guess because there isn't an obvious way to implement them.

Anyway, I was able to incorporate the pedal noises into the main piano program so that they are triggered correctly by the sustain pedal up and down, without interfering with they way the piano works otherwise.

It involved creating a Transformer (midi insert) - you only do it once then save it as a preset. This is in Cubase/Nuendo of course - there may well be similar functionality other sequencer, though.

Since you wouldn't want to hear these noise samples everytime you press the pedal, particularly the pedal down noise sample, I mapped their volume to mod wheel so you can bring them in and out as you choose.

If there is any interest in this I am happy to email the edited program (.fxp file) or email it to Franky for him to host and describe how to set up the Transformer preset (I don't think you can export a Transformer preset).

Cheers
    I'm very interested in this... also bought C7 lately....

Re: info for Vintaudio C7 users using Halion and Cubase/Nuendo

PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    I'm very interested in this... also bought C7 lately....

Go Back to forum