• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Garritan new announcements

Garritan new announcements

[January 20, 2005]

Garritan Orchestral Libraries Launches New Products, New Technologies, New Radio Station & Competition Winner

ANAHEIM, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Jan. 20, 2005 -- At the NAMM Show, Garritan Orchestral Libraries made several company announcements.

The company announced three new versions of its award-winning Garritan Personal Orchestra (GPO): a Second Edition; an "Advanced" version; and a "Lite" version. GPO Second Edition includes new instrument patches, new enhancements to the Native Instruments Sample Player, an updated GenieSoft Overture SE notation program and an enhanced GPO Studio, so users can record scores to audio directly from notation programs.

For $499, GPO "Advanced" offers more solo strings, brass and woodwind instruments so users can create any sized bands, sections or orchestras from individual instruments. There are new articulations such as harmonics, col legno, non-vibrato, effects, and specialty orchestral instruments. At $149, GPO "Lite" is targeted for the education market and includes the realistic-sounds of orchestral instruments and the Kontakt sample player to play them.

In a major announcement, Garritan Orchestral Libraries announced a revolutionary technology called Sonic Morphing that aligns sound samples to flow into each other seamlessly. By harmonically aligning samples, users hear one instrument during transitions instead of two. The first product to utilize Sonic Morphing is the Garritan Stradivari Violin Sample Library. For $199, this product provides extraordinary levels of realism and expressiveness for an instrument synonymous with quality.

Furthermore, the company announced the new Garritan Jazz Band Library for $259, offering a complete package of jazz band instruments to create realistic-sounding jazz and big band arrangements quickly and easily.

Garritan Orchestral Libraries will hold a press conference on Saturday, January 22 at 2 p.m. to announce these new products and also the Grand Prize winner of its 2004 GPO Orchestration Competition. The winning composition will be played by the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra and broadcast live on the Internet. In its debut, a brand new Internet radio station, "The Composer Channel," will feature music contributed by international users of Garritan Personal Orchestra.

All products by Garritan Orchestral Libraries will be available for Macintosh and PC platforms. New products and technologies will be shown in booth #6921 at NAMM. For more details on these announcements, visit www.garritan.com.

Re: Garritan new announcements

Yowza!! Good thing tax return time is coming up! :-)

For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

wow that it is great pricing on the solo violin and the big band.

I own GOS, but skipped GPO .... but I want that solo violin and the big band.
    want to hear more about the big band.

Oh man, so many goodies all coming at once

Lightbulb Re: Garritan new announcements

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Buchan
    wow that it is great pricing on the solo violin and the big band.
    Oh man, so many goodies all coming at once
    I agree! Good stuff fo' sure! And from what I heard/know about the solo violin, it seems like a decent price. Which probably means its a fantastic price, since there's so very much I don't know and haven't heard!

I have a feeling I'll be one of the first people to order the solo violin. I'm also psyched about GPO Advanced and the Jazz Band, but I may have to wait on those (can't afford everything at once!)
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

$259 for the Big Band set is quite a bit more than I was hoping it would be (more than the original GPO was, even), but hopefully there's an upgrade path. Ah, but wait, you would have to have GPO already to use that, right? So then that is the "upgrade price". Hmmm...

And for me the violin thing is really a lot more than $199 if you need a MIDI controller with aftertouch to best use it... Drat.

Now, GPO advanced might have an upgrade path, eh? Somewhere a bit less than the difference of $279 and $499, probably.

Oh well, saving my pennies, regardless... One, two, three, four... Four pennies. Okay, that's a start.
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Cool Re: Garritan new announcements

A lot of staff coming out!
    I'm really looking forward GPO advanced and the solo library.
    Up to know i'm not writing jazz pieces so the big band add on can wait!

The big band library is all new samples specifically designed for the purpose of creating big band/jazz arrangements. I don't think you all understand how many new instruments are in this thing. It is entirely worth the asking price for the saxaphones alone. Trust me. Have I ever lied to you all?

I'll be saving money for everything that's been announced plus the ones that haven't been. Even adding it all up, we're considerably ahead of some of the folks that chose other routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Even adding it all up, we're considerably ahead of some of the folks that chose other routes.
    I think that's the bottom line (no pun intended )...there are a million ways to skin a cat, but clearly Gary and co. seem well ahead of the curve.

At least at this value/price point!

I'm not saying anything is not going to be worth its price... I'm sure it will be... only that it's more than I hoped it would be. But I think we're all spoiled from having bought that $249 sample library that was worth so much more than that!
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Go Back to forum