• Register
  • Help

Topic: Native Instruments announces Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Native Instruments announces Kontakt 2

Check out this news from NAMM

Native Instruments announces Kontakt 2

Well, what do you think of the upgrade!!!!!

Re: Native Instruments announces Kontakt 2

Looks like a must-have upgrade.

Can anyone say whether it will be able to import Giga 3? The website doesn't seem to say.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Angry Re: Native Instruments announces Kontakt 2

Yea great I wonder if the DFD is fixed. Also unlimited poly as if we didn't have enough problems with rendering at small poly's. This is BS with out fixing the intial Probelm. Sorry but Blahhhhhhhhhh. No doubt I'll probably upgrade but will wait to hear feedback. OH the upgrade price, too much considering the actual problems with 1.5. Whaaaaateverrr. Should be 99 u.s I am Canadian so this $169 will cost about $260. Rediculous. That's almost half the cost.

Hi Briguy,

I'm also a Canuck. What problems do you have with DFD? I'm running Kontakt 1.5.2 (or .3 - can't remember but the latest update) and don't have problems on either my Mac nor my PC. Earlier versions I had quite a few problems with but it has worked pretty well for me lately. Not as efficient as exs-24 IMHO but I'm able to get my work done.

Anyway, considering all of the new stuff, I don't feel that $169 is out of the question for an upgrade this size. They are throwing in quite a bit. Just like the next guy, I'd like it for as close to free as possible but it's not very realistic IMHO. Hopefully it is stable and works well. 2005 will be the year I upgrade my 2 computers I think.

FV

I'm sold on the upgrade. Two reasons:

1) Convolution processing and

2) To quote from their website "Group settings can (now) be copied onto other groups and into other instruments." This was my #1 complaint about Kontact 1.5.

Cheers,
    James Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by Briguy
    Yea great I wonder if the DFD is fixed. Also unlimited poly as if we didn't have enough problems with rendering at small poly's. This is BS with out fixing the intial Probelm. Sorry but Blahhhhhhhhhh. No doubt I'll probably upgrade but will wait to hear feedback. OH the upgrade price, too much considering the actual problems with 1.5. Whaaaaateverrr. Should be 99 u.s I am Canadian so this $169 will cost about $260. Rediculous. That's almost half the cost.
    I just did conversion- it's $203.68 as of today's dollar difference. That's not too bad. Considering that Gigastudio upgrades were a lot more!

Sorry for the bad attitude guys, My problems with 1.5.3 DFD 1.29 is with rendering my audio. As discussed on a post started with Scott Cairns. It doesn't matter what preload and buffer setting I adjust I keep getting small drop outs stuttering and such. I have loaded everything into ram bounced with the bounce button off as I should and vise versa. The price, yea not to bad I shouldn't really complain to much. I haven't had the best of luck rendering with KONTAKT. Sorry about the attitude K2 looks cool.

Go Back to forum