• Register
  • Help

Topic: No Midi in GIgastudio when running with Sequencer

Share/Bookmark

No Midi in GIgastudio when running with Sequencer

Hi there,

I have a major midi-problem when I try to run Sonar and Gigastudio together.
    - When I run Gigastudio alone midi works fine.
    - When I run Sonar alone midi works fine.

But when I start Gigastudio and Sonar together the midi-response in Gstudio seems to be gone no matter in what order I start the programs.....

Can anyone help me out here?

My Audiocard is a Terratec 6-fire 24/96 and I run under W2K.

Many thanx already....

Paul.

Re: No Midi in GIgastudio when running with Sequencer

Do you have Sonar setup within Giga as your sequencer? Are you starting Sonar by clicking the sequencer button in Giga?

I\'ve tried to run Sonar in GStudio by clicking the Sequencerbutton but that didn\'t gave any midisignal in Gstudio. I\'ve also tried to start Sonar first followed by Gigastudio but that didn\'t work either...
    Has this something to do with the order of installation of Gstudio/Sonar or isn\'t that important?
    Gigastudio alone with midi works fine but when I start to run a sequencer together with Gstudio it\'s gone. Somehow both programs are fighting over the midi-driver....

Please help me out!!!!!

If you go to www.nemesymusic.com
    /pfd/sonar_gigastud.pdf-there are detailed instructions for setting up the sonar application-I had the same problem-just getting all the ins and outs assigned -I also had to run
    external cables to get the midi to audio conversion. Good luck.

Ok... the midi within Sonar and Gstudio seems to respond but when I try to record midi into Sonar the midi-signal in Gstudio magically disappears. When I reselect the midi-in driver in Sonar the midisignal returns in Gstudio but when I play or record in Sonar the midisignal in Gstudio goes away again.
    Somehow the mididriver doens\'t function between the 2 programs...

Can anyone help me out here!!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Your MIDI in channel should be set to what your keyboard controller is in Sonar. Then the track in Sonar should have the port for Giga setup. You should have have 1 port if using Giga32. 2 ports for Giga96 and 4 ports in Giga160.

Go Back to forum