• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 3 + GPO + Kontakt Gold

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius 3 + GPO + Kontakt Gold

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any success in getting both GPO and Kontakt Gold working together in Sibelius.

I've tried a number of setting with my sound card (M-Audio, Audiophile 2496), but have only managed to get a nasty crackling, popping, warped sound.

If any has got the two going? If so, how?

Re: Sibelius 3 + GPO + Kontakt Gold

hey,

you cant. sorry.

funny story though: i broke my copy of kontakt player silver [like broke the cd.. in half like], and then bought kontakt gold and now i dont have the more basic samples [piano, flute], but rather only instruments from the more obscure end of the musical spectrum [bass clarinet, euphonium].

actually, if theres anyone out there who'd be willing to send me a copy of Kontakt Player silver it'd really make my day. i know that illeagal trading of warex is, well, illeagal on this boards [damn right too] i have full proof of purchase [cd case, manual, i'm a registered user, the receipt, etc].

sorry again TW.
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by t_w_haines
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any success in getting both GPO and Kontakt Gold working together in Sibelius.

I've tried a number of setting with my sound card (M-Audio, Audiophile 2496), but have only managed to get a nasty crackling, popping, warped sound.

If any has got the two going? If so, how?
    Well, I have used GPO and Kontakt Silver together in Sibelius, without problem. Don't remember details, as my use of Sibellius is primarily notation, and it makes little difference what sound source I use. Seems like there was previous discussion on this issue, possibly on the Sibelius support site. I think it is possible to do what you want. I think if Kontakt Silver works, then Kontakt Gold must also work. If I can find some time between yard work and exploding toilets, I will see if I can recall how I made it work.

Richard

hey I have used Sibelius 3 and Kontakt Gold and GPO together, actually Kontakt Gold is big joke compared to GPO sound samples. I haven't had any trouble with using both together though in Sibelius 3(just testing it out). anywayz yea they work together fine. As for the how just set them up as devices then choose that in the mixer and away you go, GPO studio in the background, and kontakt gold being part of the mixer for those instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeCat
    actually Kontakt Gold is big joke compared to GPO sound samples.
    /*me breaks down and sobs*

I WANT GPO!!

i dont even have kontakt player silver anymore*, how lame am I

*hint hint
    ""A woman should dress to attract attention. To attract the most attention, a woman should be either nude, or wearing something as expensive as getting her nude is going to be." -- P.J. O'Rourke

[QUOTE=banquo]/*me breaks down and sobs*

I WANT GPO!!

GPO is so cheap just set yourself up with it

oh sure, no problem. does gary mind if I pay in gold? it's all i have...

Go Back to forum