• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anybody seen "Phantom" yet?

Share/Bookmark

Anybody seen "Phantom" yet?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    The Phantom of the Opera...a lot of us have seen it live, I'm sure, (myself included) but what did y'all think of the movie? I loved the statues and the scenery, especially the cemetery scene. I also loved the black and white scenes with the "old guy". They cut out some music, and the dubbing was bad because of the lack of voice of some characters. What's your opinion?

P.S. North Dakota culture dictates that if you've seen a musical, it actually means "I went to the opera last night", or "I saw an opera last weekend". Yeah, I know. Ern, you know where I'm coming from on this one I bet.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Re: Anybody seen "Phantom" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    The Phantom of the Opera...a lot of us have seen it live, I'm sure, (myself included) but what did y'all think of the movie? I loved the statues and the scenery, especially the cemetery scene. I also loved the black and white scenes with the "old guy". They cut out some music, and the dubbing was bad because of the lack of voice of some characters. What's your opinion?

P.S. North Dakota culture dictates that if you've seen a musical, it actually means "I went to the opera last night", or "I saw an opera last weekend". Yeah, I know. Ern, you know where I'm coming from on this one I bet.
    I was yesterday in the Cinema on the Phantom.... and ii was GREAT.... especiallyu music.... GREAT

I've never been a big fan of Phantom, there are only a couple of melodies that hold my attention (Music of the Night -- which sounds vaguely derivative), but I have to say that from the trailer it looks like the set design is incredible.

My question is, when are they going to do Les Miserables or Rent? Two of my favorites (particularly Rent).
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Not much to say except..I FREAKIN LOVED IT!

Thumbs up Re: Anybody seen "Phantom" yet?

After 4 days from the projection I still sing the "All i Ask of You" duo in my head... Really great performance.... the best i've ever heard of this piece....
    I love the "Point of no return" Duo very much too.... no to mention "Music of the night"....
    Only one piece made a sarcastic smile on my face.... it was "Phantom of The opera" main theme with the early 80's percussion added to it... in my opinion doesn't fit there i mean the percussion... but the organ fits well
    But overall this music moves my heart when properly played

Go Back to forum