• Register
  • Help

Topic: anyone using Vintage Warmer?

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up anyone using Vintage Warmer?

I just picked up PSP's "vintage warmer" plugin on a group buy. I am not affiliated with them in any way, but I just thought I'd share this.

It's like a anolog tape simulator (among other things) and sounds great on drums etc.

But I've also tried it on some solo strings using GPO and it sounds really nice! I've got a string quartet and a french horn and trumpet section behind my normal drums/bass/guitar etc etc (so it's NOT a classical piece) and I put all these instruments on a buss and added VW with some tweaked "fast tape preset" settings (eq's on 0, knee around 50%, mix around 70%, GR meters reading around -3db) and it fattens up the strings nicely! That and a little concert hall convo reverb with SIR, and it sounds great.

Just thought I'd share this.....

Re: anyone using Vintage Warmer?

Sounds interesting. Any chance you could post an mp3 file so we could hear it? I'd be interested.

Tim

Re: anyone using Vintage Warmer?

Quote Originally Posted by tcohen
    Sounds interesting. Any chance you could post an mp3 file so we could hear it? I'd be interested.

Tim
    I'll post when I'm finished mixing etc, but it's best to hear "before" and "after" to really hear it for yourself.

Like I said, I'm in no way affiliated with PSP nor have any financial interest in this (ie I'm not a salesman) ;-) but just google Vintage Warmer and/or PSP and you can try the free demo.

rgds,

Go Back to forum