• Register
  • Help

Topic: loading motif samples into halion

Share/Bookmark

Question loading motif samples into halion

i have access to a friends Motif ES7, nord electro 2, and triton extreme and really like some of their sounds. i was trying to find a way to access the onboard samples and copy them into Halion, but to be honest, i'm not sure how to accomplish that. i was wondering if anyone has experience with this or could shed some light for me. i had actually thought about re"sampling" the sounds key by key, but i was hoping there would be a better alternative.

edub

Wink Re: loading motif samples into halion

Quote Originally Posted by edub
    i have access to a friends Motif ES7, nord electro 2, and triton extreme and really like some of their sounds. i was trying to find a way to access the onboard samples and copy them into Halion, but to be honest, i'm not sure how to accomplish that. i was wondering if anyone has experience with this or could shed some light for me. i had actually thought about re"sampling" the sounds key by key, but i was hoping there would be a better alternative.

edub
    Sample all the keys You want and then load into Halion, edit and save as fxb

any other way? Faster...? i don't know any

Re: loading motif samples into halion

Quote Originally Posted by edub
    i had actually thought about re"sampling" the sounds key by key, but i was hoping there would be a better alternative.

edub
    That is your only alternative. Keyboard manufacturers purposely make it difficult for you to extract their sound ROM data (they want you to buy the keyboard to be able to access the sounds).

Also, if you resample a friend's Motif, you would be breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    Also, if you resample a friend's Motif, you would be breaking the law.
    I double that !

Bruce once mentioned an application which can let you sample by having the process automated - you just tell it how many velocities and other information you want to sample.

Go Back to forum