• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cameleon 5000

Share/Bookmark

Cameleon 5000

Is the most amazing synth I have ever had the pleasure of playing with. The shear versatility of this thing is astounding. It would literally take ages to exhaust the posibilities of this program and I haven't even tried the bitmap import yet. I wonder if that really is viable, since I hope its more than a gimmick. Anyone else here use it? It really makes me want to do some trance/techno stuff.

Question Re: Cameleon 5000

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Is the most amazing synth I have ever had the pleasure of playing with. The shear versatility of this thing is astounding. It would literally take ages to exhaust the posibilities of this program and I haven't even tried the bitmap import yet. I wonder if that really is viable, since I hope its more than a gimmick. Anyone else here use it? It really makes me want to do some trance/techno stuff.
    Hi Joseph,
    I would like to know if You can do TB303 similar bass sounds with cameleon ? somethign Hard sounding... can You make an mp3 of a fast bass line with such sounds for me ?
    I'm considering buying this synth.
    PLEASE

Re: Cameleon 5000

I recently bought Cameleon 5000 and I agree that it's one of the most amazing and versatile synths I've ever used. I bought all the sound banks, too, since they're so reasonably priced, and I'm still playing with all these brilliant presets so I haven't had time to try programming myself.

With regard to the sound, while many ambient-type composers are using it, here's a pretty hard track by Kriminal (all Cameleon except for drums):

http://www.camelaudio.com/music/Came...s-Kriminal.mp3

I haven't tried it for 303-type sounds yet. For 303, I normally use either Dieter Zobel's amazing Reaktor ensembles, or AU303 (Mac):

http://airy.andre.online.fr/AU/#au303

Kind regards.

lukpcn,

I've got a quickie I just through together. If you're really interested in hearing what a complete idiot can do with Cameleon, let me know and I'll post it. I just get tired of hearing people tell me how sucky I am. I really don't know if this is what you're looking for or not (I don't know what a TB303 sounds like), but I can keep throwing leads/basses in it till I get it right. LOL

lukpcn,

I've got a quickie I just through together. If you're really interested in hearing what a complete idiot can do with Cameleon, let me know and I'll post it. I just get tired of hearing people tell me how sucky I am. I really don't know if this is what you're looking for or not (I don't know what a TB303 sounds like), but I can keep throwing leads/basses in it till I get it right. LOL
    Cool, Looking forward to hearing it.

So everyone can laugh:

http://www.lostandlonging.com/Edit5.MP3

It aint but 14 seconds (I told you it was quick )

Everything but the guitar is Cameleon, the guitar is Monzter Guitar. Done in Tracktion, some Ozone 3 for some shine.

Laugh away.

So everyone can laugh:

http://www.lostandlonging.com/Edit5.MP3

It aint but 14 seconds (I told you it was quick )

Everything but the guitar is Cameleon, the guitar is Monzter Guitar. Done in Tracktion, some Ozone 3 for some shine.

Laugh away.
    Thanks Joseph.... i think that C5000 is not the sound i'm looking for

Well, I wouldn't base your decision on something I posted since I don't even know what a TB303 is. If you've got something I can hear with one in it maybe I can get something closer to what you're looking for. I told you I sucked the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn
    Hi Joseph,
    I would like to know if You can do TB303 similar bass sounds with cameleon ? somethign Hard sounding... can You make an mp3 of a fast bass line with such sounds for me ?
    I'm considering buying this synth.
    PLEASE
    You can do tons of things with Cam 5000 including TB303. In the Morph Square, in the synth catagory, there is a sample called TB 303 and by changing the harmonics and timbre u can make easy variations thereof..... A really interesting one is in "rythmics" a tempo sync`d patch called 'Mad' .
    I stopped using XPhraze once found Cam 5000. Anyone want an Xphraze cheap ? Rich

Hey Joseph, I just had a listen and I'm not laughing. That bass is actually reasonably close to the 303 type of sound. And quit puttin' yerself down, man -- the piece is cool, short, but cool :-)

luk should really go and download the demo from:

http://www.camelaudio.com/

Nothing like hands on experience before making a decision :-)

Kind regards.

Go Back to forum