• Register
  • Help

Topic: NI, Please accept my apologies.

Share/Bookmark

NI, Please accept my apologies.

Hi,

NI, Please accept my apologies. I have said that Kontakt 1.5 is unable to make the "piano release mode". I've just found a soluce by using two racks for a real behaviour of damper pedal down/up.

I think that the new script (upcoming Kontakt 2) is a great feature for the harmonics. I think that Kontakt 2 will be the best creative tool for the sampléd pianos and others intruments.

I'm ready to upload a patch of demonstration of Galaxy Steinway "piano release mode" with new samples. Should i share with others developpers for free my discovery ? (several days to find a soluce for "piano release mode")

I can improve the Steinway B Kontakt version Too - with my discovery.

NI, Please accept my apologies.

regards,

Olivier
    frappier.olivier@wanadoo.fr

Re: NI, Please accept my apologies.

Sorry mate, but you are not a genius!!
    The fact is that all serious samplist should know there are some KEYSWITCHING patches, as well as other patches builded to control different articulations with MIDI CC and so on.
    As for Kontakt, there are *.nki files for layering/instrument/articulation and of course *.nkm for multi-layering/instruments/articulations.
    example: EMPEROR from PMI can be used as EMPEROR_SUS+REL.nkm that contains two articulations, SUS and REL, two *.nki files that you can link with *omni* or the same MIDI channel. Then, when you play it you here the REL after the SUS if well programmed..
    That's it!!

Re: NI, Please accept my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by AbhorrencE
    Sorry mate, but you are not a genius!!
    The fact is that all serious samplist should know there are some KEYSWITCHING patches, as well as other patches builded to control different articulations with MIDI CC and so on.
    As for Kontakt, there are *.nki files for layering/instrument/articulation and of course *.nkm for multi-layering/instruments/articulations.
    example: EMPEROR from PMI can be used as EMPEROR_SUS+REL.nkm that contains two articulations, SUS and REL, two *.nki files that you can link with *omni* or the same MIDI channel. Then, when you play it you here the REL after the SUS if well programmed..
    That's it!!
    Hi,

i knew this but EMPEROR_SUS+REL.nkm it's not a real piano release mode.

But no mather.

You will see my ideas stolen in Kontakt 2. (the scripting)

Regards,

Olivier

Go Back to forum