• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: All I want from Gary ...

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up All I want from Gary ...

is the Stradivari, the Stradivari, the Stradivari! EVERYONE SING! All I want from Gary is the Stradivari, the Stradivari, the Stradivari!
    Oh, all right ... The Jazz library, the Jazz Library!

What an exciting time! What a guy! What the heck is wrong with me anyways?
    There's nothing wrong with me. I can asure you there is absolutely nothing wrong with me click wrong with me click wrong with me SLAP, thanks.

THE MAN'S NUTS GRAB 'EM!

Singing again! Let's all get up and sing me a song that was a hit before your mother was born. Though she was born a long long time a go. (and this is for the contest winner) We all want to know, we all want to know! Sing again!
    Styxx

Re: All I want from Gary ...

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    is the Stradivari, the Stradivari, the Stradivari! EVERYONE SING! All I want from Gary is the Stradivari, the Stradivari, the Stradivari!
    Oh, all right ... The Jazz library, the Jazz Library!

What an exciting time! What a guy! What the heck is wrong with me anyways?
    There's nothing wrong with me. I can asure you there is absolutely nothing wrong with me click wrong with me click wrong with me SLAP, thanks.

THE MAN'S NUTS GRAB 'EM!

Singing again! Let's all get up and sing me a song that was a hit before your mother was born. Though she was born a long long time a go. (and this is for the contest winner) We all want to know, we all want to know! Sing again!
    You said in a recent post that we were all very special to you but now you sound like you like Gary more than us!! Boo Hoo! You've got to choose....Gary or us?

Frank

It's MORPHINE TIME! ...GIVE ME THAT MARZIPAN VIOLIN AND YELLOW SKIES....

Frank

Wink Re: All I want from Gary ...

No it's in the water out there in West Seneca, I used to work there about ten years ago, and I was half crazy too. Thank God I moved away.
    Don't look at me for help, I'm a Guitar Player.

One violin is cool. The four solo string instruments will be really great. Add a collection of solo brass and winds, and things will be beyond awesome.

But the most killer application will be to the human voice. Imagine being able to morph expression, vibrato --- and vowels ---.

Francis and Gary have collaborated on their marketing efforts in the past. Here's a development opportunity that would be absolutely killer.

If you heard some of the early Diva demos you might have noticed that constant vibrato of the human voice gets old quick, and no vibrato, though it sounds great in many contexts, has only so much emotional expression. Sampled expression sounds great, but it might or might not match the flow of your music. For better or worse, that's been the state of the art for sampled solo voice. Morphing technology could change all that. And I bet those Diva samples would drop right in.

If it ever happens, maybe Diva owners will get a discount. That Group Buy is looking like a heck of a deal...

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    One violin is cool. The four solo string instruments will be really great. Add a collection of solo brass and winds, and things will be beyond awesome.

But the most killer application will be to the human voice. Imagine being able to morph expression, vibrato --- and vowels ---.

Francis and Gary have collaborated on their marketing efforts in the past. Here's a development opportunity that would be absolutely killer.

If you heard some of the early Diva demos you might have noticed that constant vibrato of the human voice gets old quick, and no vibrato, though it sounds great in many contexts, has only so much emotional expression. Sampled expression sounds great, but it might or might not match the flow of your music. For better or worse, that's been the state of the art for sampled solo voice. Morphing technology could change all that. And I bet those Diva samples would drop right in.

If it ever happens, maybe Diva owners will get a discount. That Group Buy is looking like a heck of a deal...

-JF
    The voice, and don't forget guitars. A truely playable electric lead guitar would be amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    The voice, and don't forget guitars. A truely playable electric lead guitar would be amazing!!
    So true. But once you pluck a string on a guitar, it just decays. With violin, woodwinds, brass an voice, you can start out soft and get loud. That's where the beauty of the morph comes in. Maybe you could use the morph for stretches and vibrato on guitar.

Electric guitar is a really varried technique instrument - Where did you pluck the note? Did you use the heel of your hand for a partial mute? Where? How much? Did you use your thumb for a harmonic? Where? How much? Did you slide into the note? As a barely audiible grace note, or the length of the neck? Up pick or down pick? So on or so forth?

After you think about it a while, you just buy a guitar. Or you invite your guitar god friend over to the house. Virtuoso violinists who own a Stradivarius are harder to come by.

-JF

thats VERY true about guitars...thats why im learning guitar!

~FireGS
    ~Sam Ferrara~

So true. But once you pluck a string on a guitar, it just decays. With violin, woodwinds, brass an voice, you can start out soft and get loud. That's where the beauty of the morph comes in. Maybe you could use the morph for stretches and vibrato on guitar.

Electric guitar is a really varried technique instrument - Where did you pluck the note? Did you use the heel of your hand for a partial mute? Where? How much? Did you use your thumb for a harmonic? Where? How much? Did you slide into the note? As a barely audiible grace note, or the length of the neck? Up pick or down pick? So on or so forth?

After you think about it a while, you just buy a guitar. Or you invite your guitar god friend over to the house. Virtuoso violinists who own a Stradivarius are harder to come by.

-JF
    Well, true. To me it just shifts the emphasis on having different techniques and articulations from the end of the note to the beginning... and I do think the violin is more useful, sure. But I want it all

Quote Originally Posted by John L.
    No it's in the water out there in West Seneca, I used to work there a bout ten years ago, and I was half crazy too. Thank God I moved away.
    Smart man getting the hell out of here! Aint so bad once ya learn not to eat the yellow snow!
    Watch out where the Huskies go, don't you eat that yellow snow! Good old Frank Zappa!
    Styxx

Exclamation Re: All I want from Gary ...

-JF
    I just wanted to add that DIVA Extended has mod controlled vibrato
    Not a morph thing but still and If I knew how to get in touch with the maker of this great new sound, I would have already, eh!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Go Back to forum