• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano and Violin Duet

Share/Bookmark

Question Piano and Violin Duet

Hi there. I'm interested in some feedback on the sound of the solo violin. This is my first attempt with GPO (or sequencing or composition for that matter) - I'm using this little piece as a way to focus on the solo violin instrument.

Link: Piano and Violin Duet (SoundClick)

Thanks.

Re: Piano and Violin Duet

Hi!

In my ears there´s too much reverb on the violin, and it seems to be too loud sometimes.

But I like the composition.

Best,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingAround
    Hi there. I'm interested in some feedback on the sound of the
    solo violin. <edit>...
    Intimate, almost kinda of pristine 'studio sound'. I'd like to hear a version of it with a concert sound. I wonder how, if anything, that would change the effect of the solo violin?
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

I have updated the piece to reduce reverb and violin intensity. I do find some notes come out too loud - I get more attack on the note than I would expect even though I have reduced modulation and velocity. I'm not sure why.

I like the composition. The mix sounds fine to me.

Toonyfish

Hi!

A nice piece, indeed. I didn't hear your first version, but now for me it sounds really good.

Best regards
    Rainer

Thanks for the kind feedback. Any thoughts on the violin playing itself? I'm trying to develop my technique to give it more of a "human feel".

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingAround
    Thanks for the kind feedback. Any thoughts on the violin playing itself? I'm trying to develop my technique to give it more of a "human feel".
    Your piece is sounding good. I'm not a fiddle player, but it fools my ears enough to enjoy it and not be distracted by artificiality (is that a word?).
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

Go Back to forum