• Register
  • Help

Topic: Since Gary's back... How about another question!

Share/Bookmark

Since Gary's back... How about another question!

I'm sure the Mac users who saw NI's announcement of a version of their Kontakt player that supports the Altivec technology would love to know if they are planning on adding this support to the free player that comes with GPO? I think it may greatly reduce the number of "Mac Crackles" posts. I thought you might have the inside scoop!

Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Re: Since Gary's back... How about another question!

"BUMP"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    "BUMP"
    Thanks! I'm sure Gary is still busy getting caught up!

...Maybe if I mention that they are upgrading for Dual processor support too.... That may excite some Windows users! (and Mac guys too!)

I will be keeping an eagle eye on the Upgrades section! I think that if they up our Kontakt player to support Altivec then GPO will start to really cook on Macs! (Trying not to get hopes up.... oops! Too late!)
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

:Bump:

One more little bump just in case this was missed.
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

I sure hope this happens.

I would LOVE for Kontakt Player for GPO to be optimized for the Atlivec. That would be simply the best!!!

It would go far in reducing the excessive CPU load on the mac.

Gary? Any hints from NI about this one?

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

After searching all over NI's website, I see no evidence that they intend to add this to the sample player we use. It would be a major update and I couldn't even find support for the sample player. So for now I guess it's back to the drawing board for Mac users with aspirations of Wagner sized orchestras.
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

Talking Re: Since Gary's back... How about another question!

Let's hear if at least it will be used for the Advanced Version.
    We are still missing a lot of news here in the forum, i hope Gary will come and add new topics!

I don't know what you mean by the advanced version, but the full version of Kontakt 2 supports Altivec and multiprocessing. I was hoping they would do the same for the Kontakt sample player that comes with GPO.
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic
    I don't know what you mean by the advanced version, but the full version of Kontakt 2 supports Altivec and multiprocessing. I was hoping they would do the same for the Kontakt sample player that comes with GPO.
    I think he was referring to the new Kontakt player that will be for the GPO Advanced version. (I think it will be around $450?)

But I doubt they will change things. NI has always wanted the standard player to be a starter and hopefully you will upgrade to the full version of Kontakt eventually. Might not be a bad way to do it - The full version allows a lot more tweaking and has features the standard player doesn't. But, I would still like NI to produce an altivec friendly version of their standard player included with ALL the GPO family of products.

For what THAT'S worth -

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Talking Re: Since Gary's back... How about another question!

yes, i was talking about the new GPO Advanced version.
    I upgraded this summer to the full version of kontakt but to be honest i don't use it so much because i love GPO studio.
    Maybe Gary could offer a little "patch" so GPO users who upgraded to the full version of kontakt can use it with the GPO studio. I know that it can open the possibility that people can use GPO studio with other libraries but lets see if Gary likes the idea

Go Back to forum