• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Who will get the 47,000th post?

Talking Who will get the 47,000th post?

I just thought I'd start early! I'm in a rambunctious mood!!!

Out of-Toonyfish

Re: Who will get the 47,000th post?

ROTFLMFAO! ill start a thread, "Who'll be # 50,000?"
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Oh my gosh... I think that since we seem to be the only one's here right now, if we all type really fast, I think that we all may be able to win... (but we also might get in trouble)

Nah, i doubt it...Falcon1 and Sean used to posts like, hundreds in a row to get the count up...all in about an hour or two...ROTF!
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Do you think Gary will run out of Haggis if he supplies all three of us???

Will he mind if I give the Haggis to my dogs? I don't like haggis very much. Just the idea of what it is...

If Haggis is code for Strad Violin then he better have enough! ROTF!
    ~Sam Ferrara~

I totally agree!!!

Come to think about it, I don't know what haggis is either.... *Looking it up*

This is from www.smart.net/~tak/haggis.html

Haggis "is typically served on Burns Night, January 25, when Scotland celebrates the birth of its greatest poet, Robert Burns, who was born in Ayrshire on that date in 1759. During the celebration, Burns poems are read, and the haggis is addressed by a member of the party, ceremonially, in the form of verses from Burns' poem, 'Address to a Haggis.' A typical meal for Burns Night would include Cock-a-Leekie, Haggis with Tatties-an'-Neeps, Roastit Beef, Tipsy Laird, and Dunlop Cheese."

Genuine Haggis (from Michael Prothro, mprothro@nwark.com)
    1 sheep's stomach bag plus the pluck (lights, liver and heart)
    1 lb Lean mutton
    6 oz Fine oatmeal
    8 oz Shredded suet
    2 large Onions, chopped
    Salt and pepper about 1/4 pint beef stock. Soak the stomach bag in salted water overnight. Place the pluck (lights, liver and heart) in a saucepan with the windpipe hanging over the edge. Cover with water and boil for 1 1/2 hours. Impurities will pass out through the windpipe and it is advisable to place a basin under it to catch any drips. Drain well and cool. Remove the windpipe and any gristle or skin. Mince the liver and heart with the mutton. (Add some of the lights before mincing if you wish.) Toast the oatmeal gently until pale golden brown and crisp. Combine with minced mixture, suet and onion. Season well and add sufficient stock to moisten well. Pack into the stomach bag, filling it just over half-full as the stuffing will swell during cooking. Sew up the bag tightly or secure each end with string. Put an upturned plate in the base of a saucepan of boiling water, stand the haggis on this and bring back to the boil. Prick the haggis all over with a large needle to avoid bursting and boil steadily for 3 to 4 hours. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

One word: Ew.

(That was actually three, and all of these making it a total of 17)

~Sam Ferrara~

Go Back to forum