• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Vintaudio C-7 G- Pulse question

Share/Bookmark

Cool Vintaudio C-7 G- Pulse question

Hi Guys,

Just installed the C-7 and am really liking what I can can get my arms around but a couple of things are not apparent to me:

1. The instructions say to put all of the impulse .fxb and iis files in the " bin" folder of the Tascam Gigapulse folder instead of in the common folder(one level up) which is where all of the other fxb and iss files are. When I do this, I cannot load the Gigapulse presets because they don't even show up.

2 . When I put these items in the "common" folder where all of the other Presets are, I can see them and theoretically load them, but it appears to me that I only get an accurate or valid preset( I wouldn't even know how to tell other than the fact that the C-7 and Mic Picture are up there) on the "Pedal Down Bridge or Soundboard" presets, which have a wet/dry mix level of 15.370 and a predelay of 3.

3. When I try to load the "Pedal up versions of Bridge or Soundboard" presets, the picture I get is: "Tascam Gigapulse" generic yellow water picture with a wet dry mix of 100 / perspecticve -130 / input levels of : Master 94 / Left 97 and Right 94 / Mic Level 88. Somehow I dont think this is what I am supposed to be getting.

Any ideas guys? per the instructions, I am loading "pedal down full" in port 1 instrument 1 and the "pedal up full" in the port 2 instrument 1 section and I can hear them .
    Then I go to the "display DSP station" and for inputs 1 and 2 I am manually loading a new Gigapulse file in 2 different inserts, matching each instance with its corresponding pedal up or pedal down presets. Yes?

But like I said if I put the presets in the bin folder ( where all of the Mics are) I get nothing because I can't even select the preset manually (I am supposed to do that right? In other words it's not automatic right?). And when I put them 1 directory up in the common file( where all of the rest of the Gigapulse presets are), I only seem to get the pedal down presets loading properly. Like I said the "pedal up versions" do some strange generic thing.

Am I missing something in the process here?

What are your thoughts? Thanks !!!!!!

Re: Vintaudio C-7 G- Pulse question

I chose to put the C7 files in their own folder, as described in the readme file and worked fine. I had a clean install of GS with the latest patch, no other libraries or effects installed.

The only small problem was that the AUX send "On" buttons were not switched on when I loaded the gsp.

Try loading the .gsp file for the version you want to use. (i.e. Ambient Soundboard) It will load all the .gigs and Gigapulse files needed.

Cool Re: Vintaudio C-7 G- Pulse question

Bump......

Sorry Franky... I still don't get the picture.. Help is appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patthoven
    Hi Guys,

3. When I try to load the "Pedal up versions of Bridge or Soundboard" presets, the picture I get is: "Tascam Gigapulse" generic yellow water picture with a wet dry mix of 100 / perspecticve -130 / input levels of : Master 94 / Left 97 and Right 94 / Mic Level 88. Somehow I dont think this is what I am supposed to be getting.
    Yup. thats what your supposed to get

Are you loading the .GSP files, you need to load those to get the accurate Gpulse settings

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio

Patt,
    Like aspen said, and like Franky said....Go to your QuickSound menu, and do the drop down and choose *.gsp ....You will then be presented with all your gsp files.....Choose the most complete .gsp file for what you want to do, and like aspen said, it will load everything for you including the UP/DOWN , Perspective, the whole ball of wax.....ALSO VERY IMPORTANT....I ALSO loaded my Impulses file into the "common" folder and not the bin folder ....No can do
    I downloaded my Impulses folder to my D drive, and then openned that folder and copies all 8 of those files to my "bin" folder in the Tascam folder...Once you do that you can follow the directions by going to the DSP window, and setting up the Auxes and make sure you follow the directions that Franky shows for the drop down menu so that you are updating your DSP ...When you go back to the Quicksound Window and do a search for .gsp files, you should be able to see the Vintaudio files... Double click on the file which suits your needs and sit back and watch it load....PM me if you need more help..I've driven enough people crazy trying to figure things out, maybe I can be of help to you now......Good Luck .....Sincerely, Jim

Wink Re: Vintaudio C-7 G- Pulse question

Hi Franky and Jim,

Sorry for the late reply . Just been very busy. Grateful for your responses however. I will try what you've suggested and read Franky's readme again. i think I'll print it out. Sometimes scrolling down a readme makes it tougher to take in what is being communicated.

I'm really excited about the C-7. I just want to get it to work properly by following directions. Sometimes it takes me a time or two to tame the old ADD.

I'll post again with my result after review your comments thoroughly and trying to implement them accordingly. Again Thanks guys!!

Pat

Talking Re: Vintaudio C-7 G- Pulse question

Hi Guys

I think I've got it!!! I had to re-read the your posts and Franky's readme about 5 times, but as usual, follow direction exactly and your likely to get a good result. Thanks for your help guys!

A few notes however.

It seems to me that I've got a couple of bad notes on the ambient version whereby they get an awfully lot thinner than the other neighboring notes.
    To make sure it wasn't a velocity issue on my controller, I set my controller velocity @127 to make sure there were no anomalies there. However, on the notes F#5, G5 and C6 respectively, there is a quite noticeable change in the balance of the timbre from other notes in the region.

I loaded up the other presets after, but don't notice the same anomaly on the player perspective. Any ideas?

Also, I did have to manually configure the G-Pulse presets in the aux sends and that seemed to work. I did however, have to change the "look for" folders to include the bin folder in G-pulse Preferences instead of just the common folder. But in general I think I've got the hang of it now.

One more question..... Do I now Save Each of these Pianos as a "performance and everything will load up and the Aux sends will stay on and be live when I load that particular Gigastudio Performance? Maybe a silly question, but I appreciate your direction. Thanks!

Pat

Also,

Hi Pat,

They're already performances. If you change anything do a "save as". For my live deal I loaded the piano, then added bass and drums. I adjusted things and did a "save as". You probably don't want to lose the original performance that you got off the DVD.

Personally, I would have preferred a gsi (instrument) to a gsp (performance), but it looks like Franky needed to make use of the dual, linked ports for some reason. I guess you can't do that out of the box with a gsi file. Gsis are easier to combine.

-JF

Thanks John,

Hmmmmm........... the only problem that i have with that is that if I open up the respective gsp files in ports 1 & 2, I don't see any instances of Gigapulse open in either the inserts or the aux sends which according to my goofy logic, I tell myself there should be open istances as directed by the gsp files.

No?

Go Back to forum