• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question regarding dropouts

Share/Bookmark

Question regarding dropouts

I have created a piece with 7 different instruments played using Gigastudio and Sonar. When I play it back now the cymbals fade in and out during the performance. What could cause this? Another instrument using the same note to trigger a different sound is all I can think of but I don't really see why that would cause the cymbals to drop out. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Re: Question regarding dropouts

Fading them in and out? Might there be an LFO on the patch? or an envelope perhaps? Could it be it triggers the same sound on another port creating phasing and completely cancelling out every now and then....Are the midi volume parameters changing? Is there any expression (CC#11) control happening?
    Could you give some more details?...cause I'm totally losing it

It isn't the patch by itself because before I mixed everything in there was no fading. I wish I could give more details but I'm pretty new at this and I'm not really sure what to look for. I think I remember something somewhat similar happening when I did an organ mockup using my midi keyboard. I recorded the grand staff and then layed the pedal on top of that recording but when I came to a place that (on my keyboard) notes were duplicated (they wouldn't have been on a two manual organ), what should have been the sustained note was released when the note of lesser value was played and released by the other track. What causes this and is there an easy way around it?

Could it be a plugin that for some reason thinks it hasn't been registered? Many plugins have a demo mode in which the signal is faded away every now and then. It isn't impossible that some sort of change in your system has caused a plugin to think that it isn't registered. In Windows it could be caused by anything ranging from your sock color to the weather. Check the plugins that are in use in your song.

Another good idea, but all the plugins check out. Maybe my computer is just too weak. Could it be that I am running a 1.6 GHz processor and it can't even deal with 7 instruments?

Go Back to forum