• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Stylus RMX automation?

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX automation?

Can you autumated things like the chaos designer, pitch and other controls in Sonar? Or can you only control these with in the plug in?
    Tim

Re: Stylus RMX automation?

Yeah you can automate pretty much anything. I'm using RMX in Sonar and it works great.

Thanks, I figured you could, but I just wanted to make sure before I ordered it.
    Tim

Can you help me, how can i automate that?
    I understand how to automate Stylus, Trilogy, Atmosphere, but RMX not...

For example: If you are on the Chaos window - go to the little 'disk' in the lower right corner and choose 'midi learn' from that menu. Then, move the pattern slider, and then move a knob or fader on your controller. You should see the pattern slider start moving as you move that knob. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkes
    For example: If you are on the Chaos window - go to the little 'disk' in the lower right corner and chose 'midi learn' from that menu. Then, move the pattern slider, and then move a knob or fader on your controller. You should see the pattern slider start moving as you move that knob. That's it.
    Thank's, it works now on my midiman keystation, but how to automate RMX in the host? (for example - logic) Have i know the numbers of controllers?

It depends on the host. Logic has a limitation of only 128 automatable parameters per plug-in, so you can only automate the Mixer and play buttons in RMX with Logic's built-in automation system.

Other hosts like Cubase SX don't have this limitation, so you can automate all 10,000 RMX parameters directly in the host automation system.

As stated earlier in the thread...you still CAN automate everything in RMX though in any host, simply by using MIDI Learn and using MIDI automation/controllers, etc.

spectrum

(Edit: once again, I'm a little too slow in replying. )

Well, you can assign RMX sliders to be controlled by your keystaion, then record your movements in Logic. If you want to draw changes in, then you would need to know the cc numbers.

Or, you can open up the area where you draw cc changes in your RMX midi track (sorry, I don't know how Logic works) - then, pick a cc number, draw some random changes in, select 'midi learn' in RMX, move a slider in RMX, hit play in Logic so that it plays through the cc changes that you drew in - you should then see RMX follow those changes on the slider that you chose.
    This works in Sonar... I'd assume that it would in Logic too.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    you can only automate the Mixer and play buttons in RMX with Logic's built-in automation system.
    Thank's, but what about cutoff ? I see... i can't automate that in Logic?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkes
    you would need to know the cc numbers.
    Thank's for your answer, yeeh, i need to know these numbers like in Atmosphere, Trilogy...

Go Back to forum