• Register
  • Help

Topic: Got GPO, but all sorts of problems...

Got GPO, but all sorts of problems...

Hi everyone. My computer is a Pentium 4 with 1 Gig of RAM. I have two soundcards--and Audigy and a Yamaha sw1000xg. No matter which card I try and set up GPO for, it just isn't working right.

I can get sounds for most of the samples so far and I have gotten my keyboard to play through as well, but the main kontact interface is barely functional. If I pull up multiple samples, it will usually only play the last one loaded in even when I toggle back to previous. Some of my string sounds take on very strange characteristics (a common one is that after I sound a note it immediately plays the next whole step up without me doing anything...i.e., it playing two different notes for my one strike).

Some voices won't play in the lower registers through my keyboard (cello), even though it's well within the sample's admissible range.

Most of the special controller-based effects have NO effect. Velocity hasn't worked with anything I've tried it with. Portamento didn't even work with the trombone...list goes on and on and on.

I'm pretty savvy with MIDI but sometimes my general tech/computer skills leave something to be desired. I've been trying different settings all night long. I updated my drivers. I've tried adjusting the buffers for the ASIO settings and everything else. Nothing seems to change. The latency is still generally poor. It's like my computer just can't handle it but that doesn't make much sense. I'm really at a loss here, maybe someone might shed some light on this. Needless to say I'd be extrememly grateful!!

Orcas Island

Re: Got GPO, but all sorts of problems...

Things should be working fine and I'm not sure what the problem is. There seems to be a glitch in the matrix and I need more specific information about your computer and setup in order to troubleshoot the problem Would it be possible for you to call me or email and we can solve the problem.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum