• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Announcing GPO ADVANCED EDITION

Share/Bookmark

Announcing GPO ADVANCED EDITION

Garritan Announces New "Advanced" Version of the Award-Winning Garritan Personal Orchestra

New Version lets Users Build String Orchestras or Symphonic Bands of Any Size

NAMM 2005/Anaheim, CA - January 20, 2005 - At the NAMM show, Garritan Orchestral Libraries, developers of affordable and high-quality orchestral software libraries, announced a new "Advanced" version of its highly popular Garritan Personal Orchestra.

New Advanced Version Features
    The original award-winning Garritan Personal Orchestra turned the digital orchestration world upside down with its unique ability to create orchestras from individual instruments. The new Advanced Version builds upon this concept and includes many new instruments. There are more solo strings (violins, violas, cellos and basses) from which users can create string orchestras, symphonic bands, sections or orchestras of any size from individual instruments, as well as play divisi or separate parts. There are new string articulations such as harmonics, col legno, non-vibrato, string effects and more. There are more brass, percussion and woodwind instruments as well as more lesser-known specialty orchestral instruments, such as a cimbasso, Wagner Tuba, helicon, mellophone and more. The Advanced version follows the same concepts as Personal Orchestra - easy to use, with advanced programming for real-time expressive control of instruments.

"With the success of Personal Orchestra, many users wanted more instruments and more articulations for more complex orchestral works," says Gary Garritan. "We responded by developing an "Advanced" version which adds to an outstanding product and provides the musician with many more orchestral colors and tools."

There are some surprises that will be incorporated into the advanced version. More details will be posted soon.

Garritan Personal Orchestra "Advanced" will ship during the second quarter of 2005. It will have a MSRP price of $499.

Gary Garritan

Re: Announcing GPO ADVANCED EDITION

Banannas!
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Of the recently announced products this is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Garritan Personal Orchestra "Advanced" will ship during the second quarter of 2005.
    And I guess it will be a little wait - I may not make it and may end up with the big band library and strad solo first. Oh well, I guess that wouldn't be a terrible thing .

Any upgrades from the current version of GPO planned?
    Trent P. McDonald

No Heckelphone?

Well, the extra solo strings and string effects will be welcome. Also the Wagner tuba. What's a helicon, though?
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    No Heckelphone?
    There may just be one

Woohoo!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    Any upgrades from the current version of GPO planned?
    Of course!

You mentioned symphonic band... I'm going to try to not get excited about the possiblity of classical tone saxes and baritones(in modern orchestras this instrument is used instead of the Wagner tubas)....

Can't wait to see the patch list!

BTW...to composers (all of us): Your best option to have a large scale work published is band music. I know that someday (maybe really soon) Gary will have those instruments!
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

It sounds so beautiful, I am shedding tears of joy . . . I can't wait!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Smile Re: Announcing GPO ADVANCED EDITION

Yep! Most certainly putting myself down for more overtime at work! Plan on purchasing both this and the Big Band program.

I've been spending more time with the GPO. It's just a great program. Since using GPO, I have been experiencing the most satisfaction with midi-sequencing since I started 18 years ago. I enthusiastically await the Advanced version.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Go Back to forum