• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Best Host for GPO

Share/Bookmark

Best Host for GPO

HEY GUYS! Nice to be a part of the forum. I am running GPO in Acid Pro 4.0 right now and Im getting tired of GPO and Acid not getting along, so I am about to get some new software. I was wondering what yall think are the best production/mastering/composition programs are the best for hosting GPO?

Re: Best Host for GPO

Sonar.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

That was actually what I was looking at getting. No probelms then?

None thus far. I had more problems with Cubase and switched.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

JFydes,
    Welcome to the GPO forum! Hey, I have Acid 4.0 and never had luck with running GPO. I have the upgrade to Acid 5.0 and GPO loads and runs fine. It's a little getting used to how Acid treats VST in midi it treats it like an audio track. The coolest feature is midi track one is one kontakt player. Then from there you can have as many recorded tracks of any instrument as many time as you like. In otherwords, track 1 can be midi channel 1 say violin record take 1. Then you can have another track take 2 of the same instrument up to as many takes as you need. When you need to record midi channel 2 a new instrument. You have to make the channel change from your keyboard controller. I hope I am explaining it clearly. I am still working with it and all the details. So far I can say I am still not quite satisfied. Next, I would like to try Sonar 4 before I make up my mind.
    Styxx

Sonar 4 is great with GPO. And on a lower budget, check out Tracktion.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Smile Re: Best Host for GPO

Putting a good word in for Steinberg's SX 3.01. (Also works with my SX 1.06 too, by the way.). Can't speak for other SX users, but GPO and SX 3.01 works just fine for me and my set up.

AHHHH, choices! Good luck with your decision.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

I use the VST flavor of plug-in. It plays nice with Nuendo in my studio, but Sonar 3.1.1 is my real workhorse, and GPO works wonderfully with it.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Another vote for Sonar 4 here
    Tim

I have heard nothing but great things about Sonar - but as a Mac guy, I will have to put my vote for Tracktion (also made for PC) - it really has saved my bacon this past month. It is the best bang for the buck and has one of the lowest CPU demands I have ever seen on a host! Cubase is good too, but I had problems with it taking too much CPU resources.

No one Host is perfect, it depends upon how much ooomph you need and how much oomph you already have in CPU and Ram power.

I'd suggest downloading demos of the ones that spark your interest and really give them a good test. Then make your decision. It seems to me that asking musicians here which host is the best is like asking them which brand of guitar or piano or any other instrument or tool is the best. It is very personal and accounts more for taste and what works for them than anything.

For what THAT ramble was worth!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum