• Register
  • Help

Topic: Loading More Instruments

Share/Bookmark

Loading More Instruments

Hi!
    Im new to Gigastudio (I´v used Halion before) and I want to know how I could load more samples into it. I heard that GigaStudio loading only small part of samples into ram and rst is streamed.BUT when I load (Im using SI Strings)a legato, tremolo and Staccato - Gigastudio show me that I have 96% of RAM full...how could I load more instruments- Im composing orchestral works and using SIStrings, Dandeans stuff and London Percussion. My Computer: Athlon XP 1600+, 768 RAM and 120Gb and 60GB WD disks 7200 Rpm Bmb cache. I dont believe that i could load only so small number of samples, or is Gigastudio so useless????
    Plase help.
    thank you
    (Execuse my english) [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Re: Loading More Instruments

What OS are you on? There\'s known to be memory weirdness issues with Win2K/XP....

Windows newbie question: where do you find out how much RAM Giga has available?

Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    What OS are you on? There\'s known to be memory weirdness issues with Win2K/XP....
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi! Im using Win XP....is there any clue? is there any reason how I could free ram or is there a patch. The ine thing that is strange is - when I load full gig (1st Violin legato for example) whit all patches (mw, up, down R, NR) and then unlad it - there is no big memory free - only few megs...that´s strange...

Originally posted by handz:
    - when I load full gig (1st Violin legato for example) whit all patches (mw, up, down R, NR) and then unlad it - there is no big memory free - only few megs...that´s strange... [/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I was watching this the other day when I loaded 94% worth of VSL legato instruments. When I hit GigaStudio RESET, my memory usage for Msg32.exe when from 322 MB to about nothing i.e. it did release all of the the memory.

I\'m not sure how large your SI legato samples are but you might load one instrument articulation, check the amount of RAM Msg32.exe (see Task Manager) then post a thread asking others with SI to compare results.

Go Back to forum