• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: The Return of the GPO Superheros!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation The Return of the GPO Superheros!

Calling all GPO Super Heros!

Styxx just informed me that some super villians have stolen the Sonic Morphing Technology! It's up to the GPO Super Hero's to retrieve it before the villian uses it for world development domination! The harmonic alignment technology could be adopted to align brainwaves which will enslave the planet.

I need your help in thwarting this diabolical plot and return the Sonic Morphing Technology so it can be used for good.

For those not familiar with the Super Heros, last fall the GPO League of Super Friends was formed dedicated to truth, justice and the betterment of sampling. The Super Friends are members of this forum with extraordinary abilities. Here is the original thread: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=26148 A few months ago I proposed the idea of making a web comic featuring our Super Friends and its time to pursue the idea a little further. Now seeking story lines, plots, villains, more heros and even music for our upcoming web comic.

Meet the Super Heros:

Top Left to Right: Falcon Stefan soars above rest and his powers come directly from GPO which transforms his energy into bolts of inspiration. Plugman David - The mastermind behind GPO Studio has the super ability to create and command VST plugins and hosts. The Incredible Hulk Maddux - whose powerful arrangements will make anyone green with envy. The ever-vigilant Archangel Jeannot can eliminate evil from any sample, Houston "The Thing" is solid like a rock. Beneath that super-strong rocky exterior lies a heroic and lovable heart. Jonny Lantern - Armed with a special MIDI ring which allows him to do super film scores. When you find youself in danger, just call for Garth the Super Chicken! (puk, ack!), Shazvald the Viking - His principal weapon is the enchanted hammer, one of the most formidable weapons known to man or god.

Middle Left to Right: Boy Wonder Zack who is ready to assist in the fight for good music. Super Francesco - Able to leap tall orchestrations in a single bound, Andy-lastic Man - One of the world's greatest super-hero orchestrators and conductors who can easily mold and form arrangements of his choosing. Professor G, Radio-Actively Man Christopher can broadcast beams of hypnotic radio signals, AquaBrian2112 with his amazing ability to command trout, Batman Burrell heroic creature of the night who spends his time helping others.

Bottom Left to Right: The Punisher Jeff - As judge, jury, and executioner, he's a new kind of vigilante out to wage a one man war against those who have done wrong to the sample industry, Cyclops Klaren possesses the mutant ability to post to the forum from his eye, the wonderful and incomparable Joker Styxx, Brian Wolveroney is a musical mutant with a number of enhancements such as the ability to hear things other musicians cannot and his retractable knives in his forearms that allow him to give a cutting performance, Flash Haydn - The super fast demo maker, Wonder Danielle - Virtuous Amazon Queen wields the Lasso of Truth and can do almost anything, Dan the Torch - This super hero is hot! And his demos are sure to make you melt.

Re: The Return of the GPO Superheros!

Oh no! If only it had been protected with a dongle . . .

The first thing to do is to consider who the super villians are and try to think like them to find where they are hiding. Unless, of course, one of the superheroes is a spy for the enemy.

Stealing is a bad trend in my humble opinion. At least they did not steal the Gold Pro library . . . oh wait, we never had that . . .

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I can think of two likely culprits - al-Qaida or John Tesh.
    -E

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson."

I think it was an inside job. That Batman character looks pretty shady to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    How will this story unfold? Will it be turned into a web comic? Who will write the music?[/b]
    I think we all should submit 16 bars of action adventure type of music and let the creator of the webcomic arrange them as they see fit. That would be a heck of a long credit though - music by....followed by a hundred or so names!

hmmm - maybe that isn't such a good idea after all!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

(in best Gary Owens voice)

"Meanwhile in other news: Authorities still can provide no explanation for a bizzare phenomenon. Reports by the thousands are coming in of friends and family simply disappearing. These cases come from all corners of the US and from all demographic groups. According to the FBI (Foonman Broadcasting Institute) there is however one disturbing pattern. Without exception eyewitnesses report victims placing a finger in their mouth and making an odd 'popping' noise, before simply walking away never to be seen again. Experts are baffled. "

"This just in...

Authorities report a mass influx of humanity into the area surrounding Branson Missouri. State traffic officials report all roads into the area blocked by huge mobs of people on foot. Fortunately if not surprisingly there have been no reported instances of violence. In fact it appears that each newly arriving individual merges immediately into a sychronized murmering that sounds like 'wunnerful wunnerful....wunnerful wunnerful....'

Scientists have at this time no explanation for this seeming mass hysteria. One prominent member of the medical community, who prefered his name withheld, was quoted as saying " It's as if something, somewhere has taken control of their minds. somehow synchronizing their thought processes..."

No theories have been put forth however as to who, how, or more disturbingly why..."

You can count on me! I've got my slingshot ready to defend the good....and I'll use it I tell ya!

Toonyfish

Give the bad guys GPO T-shirts and tell them to "Compose Themselves". It may not save the world, but there's a chance that we can get them out of spandex!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Give the bad guys GPO T-shirts and tell them to "Compose Themselves". It may not save the world, but there's a chance that we can get them out of spandex!

-JF
    ha ha ha ha

Go Back to forum