• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL Performance Tool in Logic Pro

Share/Bookmark

Question VSL Performance Tool in Logic Pro

Is anyone using VSL with Logic Pro 7?

We just got the EXS24 edition and I have downloaded and installed the Performance Tool. It loads up, but I am getting no functionality and when I try to "edit" the Tool settings I just get a blank white box.

I heard that reverting to v. 1.06 of the Perf Tool was a workaround, but I don't want to revert to 0S9.

Any wisdom?

Thanks in advance. This is my first post to a forum of any kind.

Re: VSL Performance Tool in Logic Pro

I'm using it in EXS with 7 no problems. Are you sure it is authorized on XS key?

If it is load up a perf leg instrument, hit edit on exs 24 and go to the VSL drop down menu in the editor page. In the drop down tool list make sure legato is checked.

The only other thing I can think of - have you downloaded the right perf tool? There is a pro edition version, there is also a pro edition/horizon version etc.

Colin

Re: VSL Performance Tool in Logic Pro

I had this same problem and fixed it by installing version 1.07 of the hybrid tool (the one for both horizon and pro edition libraries).

Smile Re: VSL Performance Tool in Logic Pro

Quote Originally Posted by scores4film
    I'm using it in EXS with 7 no problems. Are you sure it is authorized on XS key?

If it is load up a perf leg instrument, hit edit on exs 24 and go to the VSL drop down menu in the editor page. In the drop down tool list make sure legato is checked.

The only other thing I can think of - have you downloaded the right perf tool? There is a pro edition version, there is also a pro edition/horizon version etc.

Colin
    Thanks for all of the help. This forum is really useful.
    I was able to get it working by trashing the VSL.bundle file and reinstalling the Performance Tool.

Works great--now I just need about two years to learn how it works!

Anybody using the video tutorials that VSL puts out? They are pretty cheap, so I guess I should invest in them.

Cheers!

DS

Go Back to forum