• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: White Sister

Share/Bookmark

White Sister

The White Grand by SampleTekk is by many musicians and composers believed to be the finest contemporary studio rock/pop/jazz Grand Piano. The White Grand is heard on numerous recordings and are used on soundtracks from many movies and other media. When designing the White Grand we went for a very special sound. A sound that would make the White Grand special and stick out. This called for close miking with microphones placed close to the hammers/strings.

We also recorded a second stereo pair using two microphones in a position that's more normal for piano recordings and mixed that with the original microphones; this gave a bit more ambience and a slightly rounder tone but with all the characteristics that makes the White Grand so Grand.

You get an astonishing 32 different velocity samples, not only layers, but 32 DIFFERENT samples per note, 16 samples for pedal up, 16 for pedal down (plus 4 release samples). With the exception of other SampleTekk pianos, this is unique among sampled pianos today! This SampleTekk-only gives you incredible and natural control over the dynamics from the softest pianissimo to the most brutal fortissimo you can imagine!

In short, a different colour, still with the force and bite of the White Grand, but also providing enough body for classical work giving you an incredible all-round Grand Piano: The White Sister.

M.S.R.P $200 - Check out www.sampletekk.com for details.

Until March 1:st 2005, all registered White & Black Grand users can buy White Sister for a special price:

White Grand users - Pay $50, save $150!
    Black Grand users - Pay $119, save $81

Loooong version
    Chopin - Selections From Preludes Op 28
    Schumann - Selections From Davidsbundlertanze Op 6
    Albeniz - Triana From Iberia
    Prokofiev - Sonata No 2 In D Minor

Shorter versions
    Chopin - Selections From Preludes Op 28 Short Version
    Schumann - Selections From Davidsbundlertanze Op 6 Short Version
    Albeniz - Triana From Iberia Short Version
    Prokofiev - Sonata No 2 In D Minor Short Version[
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: White Sister

Hi Worra,
    What would be the cost if a registered Black Grand owner buys both White Grand and White sister? Any specials on such a deal?

regards
    Mal

White Grand AND Black Grand owners save 150$ + 81$ = 231 $. If you subtract the price of 200$ for the White Sister you owe me 31$ (let´s make it a round 30$ because you´re such a nice person)

Seriously. This is such a temptation. Are there any comparisons of the same demo played with the White Grand, the White Sister and the Black Grand just to see the different sound characteristics of the different instruments?

Thanks a lot Worra and keep your good work up
    Regards
    Raindog

Quote Originally Posted by mal7
    Hi Worra,
    What would be the cost if a registered Black Grand owner buys both White Grand and White sister? Any specials on such a deal?

regards
    Mal
    You buy the White Grand for $200 and the White Sister for $50 since you are a White Grand owner.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    White Grand AND Black Grand owners save 150$ + 81$ = 231 $. If you subtract the price of 200$ for the White Sister you owe me 31$ (let´s make it a round 30$ because you´re such a nice person)

Seriously. This is such a temptation. Are there any comparisons of the same demo played with the White Grand, the White Sister and the Black Grand just to see the different sound characteristics of the different instruments?

Thanks a lot Worra and keep your good work up
    Regards
    Raindog
    He, he.... I'm nice, but not THAT nice...

I'll try to get the demops you suggest up. Good idea!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Hi Worra,

I've heard the last work of Bruce R.
    Your White Grand sound very good in a mix.

Good luck with White Sister !

Regards,

Olivier

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    He, he.... I'm nice, but not THAT nice...

I'll try to get the demops you suggest up. Good idea!
    Very curious to hear the demos. I´m pretty sure that white sister is another must have (as far as I know your libraries).

BTW the picture of you (which accompagnies your posts) is very nice. Maybe one day you could show us how Misty looks like...

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    Hi Worra,

I've heard the last work of Bruce R.
    Your White Grand sound very good in a mix.

Good luck with White Sister !

Regards,

Olivier
    Hi Oliver.

Thanks! Where can I hear Bruce's stuff? I've missed that!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog

BTW the picture of you (which accompagnies your posts) is very nice. Maybe one day you could show us how Misty looks like...
    Well, here's a blast from the past, (early 80's....). This picture also explains why I can't tell the difference between 16 ans 24 bits...
    I'm about the same now, only slightly shorter hair and bigger belly....

Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Thumbs up Re: White Sister

Hi all,

I'm one of the lucky few (I think) that already has the White Sister at the moment...

I think this is the right time and place to share that I am astonished with the extra value that this library brings on top of the White Grand. It's a big sister for sure, not a little girl. I didn't expect such a difference.

I own most of the commercially available piano libs, but I've almost exclusively used the White Grand since it came out in the beginning of last year (mostly live jazz gigs).

Actually, I'm a little confused why the White Sister wasn't marketed before the White Grand. The Sister has a much more developed rounder/warmer tone than here brother that has a more 'in your face' type of sound (likely due to the close miking). My only fear was that the ambient miking would tame the C7-like bright tonal qualities of the White Grand in the highest velocity layers. That was fortunately not the case.

At the moment I am using the White Grand for more pop/rock-oriented music, and I bring in the Sister for jazz and ballads. I didn't do any mixing with it sofar, but I can imagine that it will blend even better in a mix than the original White, with little to no EQing.

The combination of the two Whites covers my personal needs for piano sounds with respect to the (quite contrasting) music styles I play. Sample library developers (Worra, you too) will have a hard time getting me to use another piano library at the moment, and probably for the coming years...

If the White is your friend, it's his Sister you're after!!!

Good luck,
    Rob

Go Back to forum