• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Ivory Piano - Ilio -> bad support

Red face Ivory Piano - Ilio : bad support (now good support!)

i've send two e-mail to sales@ilio.com to have more informations regarding sales, distribution and availability and i've no answer.

i can read on the web :
    Ivory is exclusively distributed by Ilio Entertainments.
    For information regarding sales, distribution and availability, please contact sales@ilio.com"

Last edited by Olivier; 01-28-2005 at 04:44 AM. Reason: request of someone

Re: Ivory Piano - Ilio -> bad support

I mailed them once and got answer rather quick then. They were closed during NAMM until 25 jan.

In their NAMM-news they say they had the PC version for demo-ing.

I am questioning if the title of this thread might be a touch too much.

"bad support" immediately brings to mind for me that you bought the product, it is not working as advertised and no one will help you resolve the issue.

When I opened the thread it is much clearer to me because of how you worded it.

I am wondering if you might consider a re-title of your thread as I am concerned this title could be a little too harsh on the Ivory fellows unnecessarily.

I might be reading too much into it but good luck either way Olivier. Hopefully someone will get back to you soon.

I personally do own Ivory and have had great support from Ilio and Synthogy (phone conversations and email).

Orcas Island

On occasion some emails may not get through. This can happen with spam filters on either end which can block certain emails (especially with certain countries). It does not necessarily equate to bad support but simply that the emails never made it.

Some time ago someone posted that I didn't answer my emails. It was disconcerting to see the inflammatory title which gave an inaccurate impression. Nevertheless, I private messaged the poster and did some investigation. Found out there was a filter at the ISP blocking the emails which never got through. We found way to communicate and this person became a happy customer.

Perhaps if you call their number or find another way to get a hold of them you can get the information you are looking for.

Ilio is known in the industry to make great products and to have great support.

Gary Garritan

Don't know about support to existing customers but I also sent a couple of emails but never received any reply. This was a couple of months ago I think.

I sent them an email regarding some bad links on their demo page and I recieved a prompt reply.

Red face Re: Ivory Piano - Ilio -> bad support

I poked one of their guys in the ear with a sharp stick at the NAMM booth last week. He cried immediately, if that makes you feel better.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Hi Olivier,

I have to admit that I've also received great support from Ilio. I can't remember where you're from but they have a toll free number that should work anywhere in the US. You can reach them at 1-800-747-4546

today, i've received an answer from Ilio.

(A quick answer)

I will buy Ivory as soon the Pc version is available.

I was just disapointed to have no answer.

very hard to find a good sampled piano.
    Ivory is more than a sampled piano.

Email Etiquette...

When dealing with people/businesses on the Internet, it will benefit you to remember the following tips. They are all based on experiences but I am sure they apply to every online business:

1. When replying to emails, include a copy of any previous emails, don't just send a new one. I can receive 50 emails a day that need a reply and I simply cannot remember every single 'conversation' with every single person.

2. If you have a problem/complaint, then of course, email for assistance. But be polite - don't start off with an abusive email (you can send that later on if you don't get the help you require!).

3. Simple words like 'please' and 'thank-you' take a second to type and mean so much. If you want someone to give you free advice, then use these words - you are more likely to get what you want.

4. If someone takes the time to give you free advice, then take the time to thank them. I get emails everyday asking for assistance on all manner of topics - selling on eBay, buying from wholesalers, setting up a website etc. I don't get paid for giving my advice and it is amazing how many people can't even be bothered to say 'thank-you' after I have helped them.

5. Allow 24 hours for a response to your email before sending a second one chasing a reply. Not every business has 24 hour email support. For example, I reply to most emails within 2 hours but I do have to sleep and sometimes I even turn my PC off for a few hours!

6. Remember that the email system is not 100% reliable - sometimes emails just don't make it to the recipient. If someone says 'I didn't receive your email', they may well be telling the truth, so give them a second chance before losing your cool.

7. And finally, if your enquiry relates to a particular product always include details of which product you are referring to. For example, I sell over 80 different digital products from 7 websites but regularly get emails that simply state 'I have paid for my piano but didn't get it'. Which library? How did you pay? What is your name? When did you buy it? What email address did you use when you made the purchase? C'mon, gimme a clue!

If you run a web business, I am sure the above points will hit home. If you don't run a web business, please bear them in mind for when you are dealing with someone that does :-)
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum