• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS OF THE 2004 GPO ORCHESTRATION COMPETITION!

Share/Bookmark

ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS OF THE 2004 GPO ORCHESTRATION COMPETITION!

I am pleased to announce the winners of the 2004 GPO Orchestration Competition organized by Garritan Orchestral Libraries, Capellen Music Production and the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra.

The Grand Prize winner is Richard Birdsall from the UK whose winning entry was titled "Knights & Magic."

The runner-up winners are: Kentaro Sato (Ken-P), William Pearson and Craig Reeves. I am happy that Ken-P was present during the NAMM Press Conference when we announced the winners.

Richard Birdsall will have his winning work performed by the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra on March 31, 2005, in Olomouc, Czech Republic and broadcast live on the Internet. He will receive airfare and hotel for the performance, as well as tuition to the Pacific Northwest Film Scoring Program.

Original only the grand prize winner was to have his/her work performed. But because the four top entries were so very close, we decided, and the orchestra agreed, to work towards having all four works performed. So the grand prize winner as well as the three runner-up winners will have the opportunity to have their work performed by the Moravian Philharmonic.

Congratulations to the following who where in the top twenty: Jun Yamamoto, Mario Rimoldi, Francisco Marchetti, Jarred Soule, Mark Slater, Jakob Olofson, Naoto Kubo, Iwan Roth, Minako Seki, Matthew Sargent, Terrence Dwyer, Jerry Wickham, Mark Winter, Greg Kramer and Steve Goers. They will each receive a prize which may include sampling software, audio software, notation software, VST plug-ins, subscription, a MIDI keyboard, or other products. Other outstanding entries were received and will receive honorary mentions.

With nearly 200 superb entries from users around the world, the judges had a difficult time selecting the winners. The entries pushed the envelope for creativity and, by doing so, showed the wide range of capabilities of Personal Orchestra,. Works were judged blindly (I was not one of the judges) and were evaluated with a view towards composition, orchestration, color, balance, technique and other factors. The winning entries were masterful on all fronts - superb composition, extremely well-orchestrated, well-produced and made excellent use of Personal Orchestra.

The entries were outstanding. I am honored that so many took such great time, effort and care in their submissions. There were so many good entries and I wish everyone could have their work performed.

We will be posting some of the entries soon.

Thanks to PapaChalk and DeSound from Northern Sounds for co-sponsoring this competition.

Plans are underway for the 2nd Annual GPO Orchestration Competition. We have some exciting ideas for next years events and would welcome any suggestions.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who contributed.

Gary Garritan

Re: ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS OF THE 2004 GPO ORCHESTRATION COMPETITION!

Woohoo! A big CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners! I look forward to hearing the winning entries! The prizes are all well-earned!

Many thanks to Garritan and all the sponsors of the competition!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Nothing more to sya then: CONGRATULATIONS

Wink Re: ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS OF THE 2004 GPO ORCHESTRATION COMPETITION!

Congratulations to everybody!
    Thanks Gary, we were waiting!

Congratulations to all the winners. Can't wait to hear 'em!!!

Jeff

Good job all! Can't wait to hear "Knights and Magic", the title alone tells me it will be rousing.
    http://hopkins.composerarts.com

Congratulations!! I think I missed that one in the server, and I can't wait to hear Kentaro's piece as well, I love his music

Wow! Congrats all around! Can't wait to hear the winning compositions!

Talking Re: ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS OF THE 2004 GPO ORCHESTRATION COMPETITION!

Congradulations Richard! William, Craig, and Ken!
    We have so many talented people here! Great company to be in!
    www.williamwest.org

We are the makers of music and the dreamers of dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoers
    Wow! Congrats all around! Can't wait to hear the winning compositions!
    I too cannot wait to hear them!! That is great - Congrats to everyone!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast