• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio is rebooting my computer

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio is rebooting my computer

I have this problem

I installed and tryed even the version 2.54 and what happen is that I can\'t create a directory (in windows explorer) if I do my computer automatically reboots (like I was pushing reset button). If i uninstall gigastudio I still have that problems so I have to do a restore point from a day before I installed gigaStudio

I have Windows XP SP1 (updated till today)
    Intel motherboard D850MV latest BIOS
    256 RAMBUS SAMSUNG
    Intel Application Accelerator
    Intel INF

Re: GigaStudio is rebooting my computer

Try disabling \'monitor file activity\' (can\'t remember the exact functions name, it\'s somewhere under Quick Database\'. Could be related to a problem in that part of GS.

Did you install 2.54 from nothing or on top of 2.50? 2.54 is an upgrade and needs 2.50.48 installed before it. Also, when you uninstalled GS did you use the detailed procedure on the GS web site (can\'t just run remove software only)?

I reviewed the PDF file and all it\'s okay nothing in the registry and no extra files are in my hard drive. But after reading the win2k/xp pdf file I noticed that I had a couple of things that don\'t let me change like ACPI and others.

Yes I first installed the 2.50.48 then reboot and then I updated to 2.54.

I will format and do a fresh install and see what happens then.

Try disabling \'monitor file activity\' (can\'t remember the exact functions name, it\'s somewhere under Quick Database\'. Could be related to a problem in that part of GS.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks, that was the problem, now my computer doesn\'t reboots anymore [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum